Happy Thursday, everyone! What are you up to today?

Options
You know, I'm really starting to love these daily threads!

Today, I'll do some exercise this morning. Then I've got some script writing to do for Friday night, then, this afternoon....I'm heading out for a new addition to the family, Midnight, a new cat. That will bring me to my cat limit of 3.

I've actually known that Midnight was coming this way for quite some time. His human is in failing health and is moving to a nursing home. I've known Midnight for a couple of years so he will be able to transition to a home that already loves him, and his human will know he's got a loving home, which will help with the stress in HIS life.

Then, tonight, I'm meeting with some friends of Bill W. for an evening of lively and stimulating conversation. And I HOPE to get to bed early tonight!

So, what's up with you today?

Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    ugh parent teacher meetings and ive been up since 3 am.I just want to go back to bed:sad:
    but i hope everyone slse has a great day!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I so wanted to turn off my 5am alarm and go back to sleep. Instead hit the snooze for 10 and got up and did my day 10 of Jillian Michaels. Now off to the shower and off to work. I am kind of proud of myself!
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Let's see...working now....then take the kids to school....stop at store for dinner stuff...work some more, make dinner....get kids from school.....eat dinner and my last chance work out before my weigh in tomorrow morning:glasses: ....nothing too exciting today.
  • DenShort
    Options
    HAPPY THURSDAY!

I live in Dubai so it's the weekend tomorrow :)

Golfing this evening to burn a few calories and trying not to fall off the wagon over the weekend :)
  • jbug100
    jbug100 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Shoveling shoveling shoveling again again again (Massachusetts).
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    Got up and did my workout. Going to meet a friend and let our little ones play around at the mall. Then just relax the rest of the day.
  • kidtechnical
    Options
    Resting up after a bout of something or other last night :sick:
  • neebelung
    neebelung Posts: 115
    Options
    Heading to work shortly (I actually need to go into the office today); then endurance workout (2 hrs, cardio + strength combined) tonight. Happy that I planned ahead and made a double portion of dinner last night so I don't have to worry about cooming tonight.
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great Thursday! I'm in training today to renew my CPR/AED license. Then it's a nice relaxing evening at home, and hopefully bed early!
  • scottpaulwilliams
    Options
    Work all day (booo!), finish at 4 o'clock (yay) then out for a bit of a run. Pondering going to see the new(ish) Tron film tonight
  • BunnyDVP
    BunnyDVP Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Nothing too exciting today. Dog got me up early this a.m. barking and once I got up she decided to go back to bed. I am thinking about standing by the recliner she is laying in and barking. LOL I don't get to sleep in very often and today was one of those days I could have and was not allowed to.

Heading out to Podiatrist to get my toenails cut. I am not allowed to cut my own since I am a diabetic. After that I may stop at thrift store just to browse a bit. Then back home to do a little laundry. Tonight I am headed for the gym with my daughter. Yesterday my Personal Trainer had my friend Connie and I workout in the pool. Connie has really bad hips. Workout was great but I almost froze. Since I have dropped 90 pounds I get colder quicker. However I can put clothes on better than I can take them off. LOL :blushing:

Hope everyone has a blessed day. :happy:
  • shimmerlady
    shimmerlady Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Up at 7am both kids at home today. Husband is on a half day and when he comes home from work I have to spend the rest of the day drinking Kleen Prep as I have a colonosophy tomorrow so am not looking forward to that at all but I would prefer to get the all clear for bowel & colon cancer. No more food or exercise for me today and probably no exercise tomorrow either.
    Both kids are dosed with chest infections so my husband is bringing them to doctors this afternoon so not going to be the best day ever

on the plus side I am losing weight, getting fit and life is good

Hope everyone has a great day.
  • BrandNewMia
    Options
    Welcome to your new kitty! I love cats and so do my kiddos, but my son is allergic and he has asthma, so we won't be able to have a cat in the house until he is much older and stronger :cry:

We are not feeling so hot today. My son has been fighting a cold for a couple days, and I seem to have a touch of it. All I WANT to do is curl up in bed and watch my Twilight movies (lol) but little man has been keeping me moving and playing and cleaning and fetching...
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Awwwww.... Midnight's story is so sweet. :heart:

My day is going to be shoveling snow, cleaning litterboxes (and when you have seven cats, that should count as strength training), my PS3 Active Sports workout, and likely the gym for w6d1 of c25k.

My stupid tailbone still hurts from when I fell down the steps last week, so I'm debating the zumba interval class tonight. If it was just zumba, fine, but zumba plus weight training and leg exercises, on the floor... I think I'd be in tears. :cry: It's one thing to do it in the privacy of my own home where I can scream and yell, or just stop, when things hurt too much....
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Not a great week for me. Found out I have a
    tear in my rotater cuff in my shoulder so I have
    to limit my arm exercises. (sigh) Will have to
    go to the doctor to see what is next.
    At work today like usual and nothing exciting
    here. Weather outside gray and gloomy but
    that is what is expected for winter.
    Hope the rest of your week goes well.
    Have fun with your kitty. My daughter has two. :tongue:
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    That is great that you are taking the cat for his human friend and I know that will also help his human friend too.

Today I start all over with the what I did yesterday plus I'm adding the strength training to my day. Everyone have a wonderful day and here's to reaching all of our individual goals for today.
  • nokittyno
    nokittyno Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Well I woke up my earliest thus far, 11am(Lmao, jk - due to lack of sleep last 2 days) and I've been organizing my income tax and then I am off downstairs to my home gym to try and get in a really good strength workout. I received my new 45lb B&R Olympic bar so I am ready to test it out and push my squat rep limit.. I'm hoping(HOPING) to advance in my reps by at least ONE..amongst all exercises, lol.. It took me ages to break my pull up plataeu. . , so I am hoping to crank it out today, then I am going to shower, do mah hair(Mhm) then maybe get the dogs out for a walk while the weather is beautiful.

That's about it :)
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Hanging out in SouthWestern, Ontario, Canada ... watching the sun shine and the snow melt .. is it summer yet ...lol
  • Pinoy_Pal
    Pinoy_Pal Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Today I workout chest and arms...I will punish them!

:o]
  • tifanieb
    tifanieb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Well good for you and Midnight. i myself have a fluffy orange cat who thinks he's a dog and i have a lab mix dog.

Today so far has been. get up get the kids up. take one kid to the bus stop. then back home to play with my 1 year old. we cleaned the house together. then i did the dishes and have been folding laundry all day!!!. Went back to the bus at 12 to collect my son and his friend who is over for a play date along with his 3 lab mix dogs. So it is me 3 kids, and four dogs and 1 cat playing around the house. When my friend gets done with work we are all going to the dog part to let the kids and dogs run out their energy while i walk pushing the off road stroller around in the woods and gravel. lol. busy day i guess!!! and still had time to do the dishes before lunch!!!