Anyone here on low carb diet please add me as a friend

Options
Hi - I lost ten lbs earlier this year on a low carb diet, this time I am trying to not have all the high calories too, kind of a combination. Anyone else doing the low carb diet? Friend me please.

Replies

• LeslieTSUK
    LeslieTSUK Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am diabetic so do have to be careful with carbs due to raised blood sugars,
    but I kind of go medium overall carb and try to keep carbs that sugar to as low to zero as possible.

Then I can have one good meal a day and let the overall carbs release their sugar gradually to stop my sugars crashing and fall into that sugar craving trap.

More than happy to be a friend and try help out if you would like.

Add me if you wish :)
  • xShreddx
    xShreddx Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm using low carb to break another plateau. It's worked before and it will work again!
  • 123hot
    Options
    I am low carb. Carbs make me instently gain weight. No bread for me. the only place i will eat bread is at a resturant. But I am cutting out bread completely this time.
  • Jen_o
    Jen_o Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the LCHF (Low-Carb High-Fat or Keto) Diet. It is very effective. I was doing it earlier this year, but fell off the wagon with vacations, moving, and starting a new job. I know it's time to get back to it because it works and has so many other health benefits besides just helping you slim down. I think I'm going to try to fat fast my way into Ketosis starting on Monday. :-)
  • brittamh
    brittamh Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am low carb. Add me if you would like.
  • Spnneil06
    Spnneil06 Posts: 18,745 Member
    Options
    I'm on low carb because bread and pasta is my trigger! I can't eat enough!! It's been working for me!
  • iheartinsanity
    iheartinsanity Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I'm on a "lower" carb diet. May not be what you're looking for, but feel free to add me. I stay under 150g a day, and try to aim for under 100g as an "ultimate" goal but doesn't always work. I feel healthy and satisfied at or slightly above 100g. For me, it seems to be my magic number. I eat "Fighter Diet" style. Most of my carbs come from vegetables & oat bran. No bread, pasta, cereal, etc.
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    I'm on Zero Carbs at the moment (well the bad ones anyhow).. i.e zero bread, pasta, potatoes, rice, etc.
    Feel free to add me if you wish I have plenty of great ideas for lunches dinner that do not contain any of the above.
    I lost a lot of weight doing this diet, but then sadly over the last 2 years turned into a pig and gained it back plus more.
    So as of last Monday I am back on track and sticking to what I know works.
    Add me :-)
    Good luck.. ..
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Trying to do low carb but not being too restrictive. I guess I would say I'm just cutting back from what I did before which was very high carb, I live for Italian food. I know I feel a lot better just after 3 days of cutting back.
  • fit2bhealthe
    fit2bhealthe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am also on keto/low carb diet for fat loss goals. I have been on it for 4 weeks now and it has worked so far, please add me if you'd like.
  • canadaout
    Options
    Hi, I'm also doing low carb. I do so much better and feel more energetic and happier. For me this is a lifestyle choice not a weight-loss choice (although I gained a lot when i stopped eating low carb so I am in the weight-loss stage again, sigh) I wish you luck with this.
  • vpadd
    Options
    I'm part of the low carb diet team too. Its hard because I LOVE a good slice of pizza but i've noticed that when I have any sort of bread or carb loaded product my weight loss comes to a standstill. I've discovered that its just not worth it after all the work I put in at the gym, etc to lose my progress for some bread. That being said, I am sure that i will indulge every now and then with some pizza but it will be few and far between.
  • formerfatboy1
    formerfatboy1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Been doing low carb for years. Once a week I have a high carb day to replenish my glycogen for fuel in the gym but most of the time im on low carbs. High protein/fat with low carb pretty much a ketogenic diet. add me if you like! Good Luck on your journey!
  • pechepanda
    pechepanda Posts: 7,939 Member
    Options
    im trying to have a low carb diet, its not easy,
    planning meals helps though
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm low carb for a week now - and going strong. The sugar cravings are dissapating, and I was able to walk away from a box of pastries at work yesterday so I feel invincible in my control. I'd like to stay under 100 g carbs and no refined sugars until Jan 1 - and see how well I do with the paleo/primal lifestyle.

Anyone who wants a motivated friend here, add me. :)
  • Apothys28
    Apothys28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I don't see myself as someone on a low carb diet but what I eat is typically low carb anyways so I guess that helps. Most days I don't eat more than 100g of carbs. Usually max is 120-130. That's without even trying really. Its just the type of foods I eat.

Quinoa or Freekah as a side at dinner does wonders! No more than half a cup cooked Quinoa or no more than 1 cup cooked Freekah. They are two very filling healthy grains. Has some nice protein and Fibre too.
  • jms1739
    jms1739 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am on a low carb as well. I don't eat more than 100G a day and no more than 25g in a 4 hour period, It takes some planning but I have lost almost 50lbs since March. Anyone can friend me. I am always looking for people to motivate or to motivate me. Sometimes I need it.
  • pru101
    pru101 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I stared the Atkins/low carb diet two days ago with an average of 20-24g of carbs a day. I am vegetarian but I enjoy eating egg and quorn products!

Please feel free to add me! i have 3 stones to lose but my main focus at the moment is getting into the Healthy BMI category

• jjejjtu
    jjejjtu Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have just started the Atkins diet, which is a bit tricky because I am a vegetarian, but I'm managing to find good substitutes for the meat. I think there are a lot of advantages to any low-carb diet beyond just weight loss, though that is the main motivator for me. I think mood, skin condition, and energy levels will all be improved if I can stick to it. Sticking to it is going to be the challenge. My goal is to eat between 20 and 30 net carbs a day, and my plan involves eating lots of high-iron and high-protien veggies.
  • godswill206
    Options
    Low carb works best for me.