Hey everyone! This is my first time to the community.

Options
Hey everyone; this is my first time posting. I have had MFP for awhile, but I didn't use it until a couple weeks ago. I have been gaining weight for a few years now, and I found out that I have hypothyroidism a year ago. I finally decided it was time to stop making excuses for myself. I am still learning and my goal is to lose around 90 pounds. I get impatient that it will take me some time to reach this goal. I have given up sodas, which is my only addiction. I have also stopped eating fast food for the most part. Sticking to the reduced calories and making sure that I get some exercise in is the hardest thing for me. I have only lost 1.5 pounds, but I have to start somewhere right?

Any advice and/or encouragement is extremely welcome. :smile:

Replies

• NastyNinja
    Options
    Welcome! Hey i completely agree you have to start somewhere. I just started at the beginning of August and suddenly starting losing weight pretty steady. Down almost 20 lbs since then. Soda is my biggest addiction right now too. I am limiting it and eventually want to cut it out completely. I have about 100 lbs to go. No idea how long this will take! But you are doing more than most be taking the first step. Welcome again.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Keys are work towards your goal daily. Track and exercise consistently. Have fun and success.

Good Luck on Your Journey

29509743.png
  • Myweightlossdiary
    Myweightlossdiary Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Soda is a hard thing for me too but I just recently switched to fit and active non-carbonated no calorie (no artificial sweeteners either) drinks. So far, I'm able to go about 3 days without having a soda when originally I had to have one or two every day! I still drink coffee almost every day but I've limited that to one cup. I found when I exercise, I don't need the caffeine but when I don't, that's when I do. Eventually, I like you, would like to cut out soda completely. Good luck on your quest! :)
  • edbk35
    edbk35 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome... I have been a member for a couple of years but I am trying to get my MOJO back so I just posted too. GOOD LUCK. Hopefully we will STICK WITH THIS. :)
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Skye! Welcome!! Giving up soda and fast food is a great start! I follow the Paleo diet, and it works wonders for me. I never feel deprived or hungry. But everyone is different. Keep looking for what you can live with for the long haul. You need to look for a way of eating that will not only let you lose weight, but make you feel healthy and NOT deprived. If you feel deprived, you will never be able to maintain the weight loss once you reach your goal.

Being here at MFP is a wonderful way to start. The people here are AMAZING! The encouragement I receive and the friendships I am making are priceless on my journey. You can do this, and it sounds like you are making the right choices all ready. Patience is key.

I have been looking a lot into thyroid issues lately. The information about lack of iodine in the diet is staggering. I would like to suggest you go on youtube and do a search on iodine and the thyroid. It may help you.

Please add me if you like. I am here daily and would love to be on this journey together!! ~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • hmaer6
    hmaer6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I am NOT a new member, but I have been MIA for about a year. I have gained weight and am not comfortable where I am at so I figured it was time to start back up again. I am breaking up with my long time love, my comfort, my rock, my happiness....unhealthy eating! Or at least I am going to try.

Nice to meet all of you!