First time posting!

Options
Hi all,

I started with MFP about 3 weeks ago and am pretty excited that it's actually working for me.

I've been needing to lose weight for as long as I can remember, but realized when my daughter turned 10 (!) that I could no longer consider my extra pounds "baby weight". :) I'd love to lose enough weight to be the same size I was when my husband and I started dating 22 years ago, but that might be unrealistic. So right now, I'm focused on getting back to the size/weight I was when we were married, (13 years ago), and before the two kids came along.

While tracking my calories and exercise can be a bit of a drag sometimes, I will say that it really does seem to be working for me. The only down fall is that it makes me really see how much I was overeating before and how sedentary I was!

I'd love some new friends! Looking forward to joining this community and more weight loss!
Lisa

Replies

• sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good Luck .. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Good luck! Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • 5blue1
    5blue1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck.
    I just started today im trying to lose weight now that im done with breastfeeding. I couldn't lose anything while breastfeeding.
  • clensor1955
    clensor1955 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You got this! Feel free to add me.
  • Casper9181
    Casper9181 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We can do this!!!
  • ttcbelieve
    ttcbelieve Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

but realized when my daughter turned 10 (!) that I could no longer consider my extra pounds "baby weight". :)

Love love love your sense of humor
  • lisarivp
    lisarivp Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies! Excited to add some friends - my feed was pretty boring with just my stuff on there. :)
  • happylife2014
    happylife2014 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • mlyn627
    mlyn627 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new here and loving it ! Feel free to add me :)
  • MuayThaiMaMa1
    MuayThaiMaMa1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Stick with it, be consistent & Good Luck. This works and you can totally do it! If you ever need a boost of motivation check out peoples success stories & before & after pics.
  • ksemir
    ksemir Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new as well and need some support.Feel free to add me :smile:
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! anyone feel free to add me, I love making new friends :)
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • KrzyGal
    KrzyGal Posts: 139 Member
    Options

While tracking my calories and exercise can be a bit of a drag sometimes, I will say that it really does seem to be working for me. The only down fall is that it makes me really see how much I was overeating before and how sedentary I was!

The downfall you refer to is what will help make eating healthier more of a way of life for you! The way I think about things is like this: "Are the calories really worth this?" :wink: It's really made me think twice about a lot of foods I used to eat without even thinking it through one time! :laugh:

Feel free to add me!
  • kalinbeima
    kalinbeima Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi! I started 3 weeks ago too. My goal is to loose about 50 and overall be healthier and with food and exercise. Friend request sent and anyone can add me :D