How do I log/count these calories?

Options
So I'm going to be making what I call my "rainbow dinner" tonight. It's cherry tomatoes (red), peppers (orange), crookneck squash (yellow), zucchini (green), red onion (purple), and mushrooms (white) stuck on to skewers and grilled. I also will be grilling some chicken thighs. I will be brushing it all with a roasted red pepper dressing (50 cal for 32g/2 tbsp) as it grills. I go though about 8 -12 tbsp. I haven't made it since logging, so I won't have an accurate amount that I use till I measure it out tonight.

QUESTION: How do I calculate how much of this dressing I'm actually getting? I just brush it on, I'm not actually marinating it. A lot ends up dripping off into the grill, I'm not sure how much it soaks in and how it will change the weight of the veggies.

Am I being too anal retentive? Should I just wing it with a guesstimate? Am I over thinking it? Everything else has been pretty straight forward so far. I just don't want to be WAY off if I record 50 calories instead off 200 or something.

Then again, one meal of uncertainty won't kill me. It's not like I am eating 1000 thinking I only ate 400 or something.

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    I would go with the serving size of 2 tablespoons.

I had the same issue come up a few weeks ago when I was marinating asparagus. I winged it and still lost 2 pounds that week :)
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options

Am I being too anal retentive? Should I just wing it with a guesstimate? Am I over thinking it? Everything else has been pretty straight forward so far. I just don't want to be WAY off if I record 50 calories instead off 200 or something.

Yes, relax a little bit. If it is just a brushing I can't imagine you eating more than 1 serving. So I would just record the 50 calories (1 serving) and more on.
  • Soapytime
    Soapytime Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I guess I just needed some reassurance that I'm doing the right things and that I can relax a bit without killing my progress. :-)