Would you rather...?

Options
Would you rather get helpful advice that you don't like or have people be supportive of a method that doesn't work or is dangerous?

Replies

• Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Give me the truth.

I would rather someone rip the band-aid off and just lay it on me. Weather I want to hear it now...or I'm forced to hear it later the answer will come out eventually.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Would you rather get helpful advice that you don't like or have people be supportive of a method that doesn't work or is dangerous?

Who in the H double hockey sticks wants helpful advice here??

Wait oh me me!!

I was just saying on that other thread that support is good or bad. Comes in all forms. It may be what you may not or may want to hear. Take it for what it is. This is the reality of it. Grow from it!
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I like you

I wonder what would happen if all the mean people just agreed with all the ridiculous ideas that people post on a daily basis?
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Truth…every single time. EVERY.SINGLE.TIME.

I've had enough people enable me.
    I've enabled myself.
    Sometimes I need a good swift kick in the butt.

I would much rather be given the truth, even if it hurts. There is more honor and respect in truth/honesty.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I've learned hearing something I don't want to hear, often in a harsh way, is what sticks with me the most. After the initial "Owch I was wrong about something" it's more helpful and valuable.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Give me the truth.

I would rather someone rip the band-aid off and just lay it on me. Weather I want to hear it now...or I'm forced to hear it later the answer will come out eventually.

If I did that, I'd be 'mean' and everyone on here would hate me and I'd get private messages from strangers telling me that my post to your question was mean and that I'm a bad person. :(
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Give me the truth.

33398-The-Truth-Hurts.gif
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Give me the truth.

If I did that, I'd be 'mean' and everyone on here would hate me and I'd get private messages from strangers telling me that my post to your question was mean and that I'm a bad person. :(

They are them...I am me.

Unless you dropped some four letter expletive I'm totally cool with it. I might cry in my ice cream later that night, but you won't see it.

tumblr_inline_n9jeknf7sS1ru82yu.gif
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I want it straight and to the point! I may not like it, and it may even tick me off, but I value honesty and straight talk.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    oh it's a mean people thread rebound!!!

I LOVE IT.
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Well this thread isn't as fun as I hoped. *sigh* I would rather this thread be about something like.... Would you rather be with some hot celebrity or someone on the forums... I dunno... something!

I would rather the truth... my 6 year old lies enough to fill up my permitted allotment of bull**** for a lifetime.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    oh it's a mean people thread rebound!!!

I LOVE IT.

I think this thread might provide valuable info for those of us who are always trying to help people.

Do people want the truth?
    Do they say they want the truth but will cry foul when they get it?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    The truth. I got it when I first started here and was trying to do 1200 calories a day because MFP put me there. I'm glad I listened. It's hard to fit Taco Bell into 1200 calories a day.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    The truth. I got it when I first started here and was trying to do 1200 calories a day because MFP put me there. I'm glad I listened. It's hard to fit Taco Bell into 1200 calories a day.

Ditto!!! FMP put me at 1200 calories and I was all "blah blah 1200 calories is great" I was told "no. just. no." and was ripped apart here. But guess what? Everyone was right.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options

I know! It made me wish for a 100 calorie menu instead of a $1 menu.

Truth. But I like it when it's funny....or paired with a gif.

Sigh. And I know the truth is I need to up my resistance training! I get it, I get it!

I'll go... lift a weight or something.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Looks like only the big, mean people who have lost a lot of weight are joining into this discussion.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options

Same here. I got the truth. May have not been what I wanted to hear, but it made me reassess my goals and worked.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Options
    Cleaning thread gets 10+ pages and this...
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I'd want the truth. But, I'm also aware that there's a VARIETY of criticism and how you come off all depends on how you give your message and how you respond to replies. The people that continually give destructive criticism and expect a positive response are the ones who I think most people are typically referring to when talking about the "meanies" of MFP. :]