Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

upper body exercise

hi!
so i started this journey in January, and its been pretty awesome so far (down almost 16kg). i am 168cm and 112.3kg from a 128 kg start. So far ,so good, my main form of exercise is walking, which is fine and works with my lifestyle/work schedule...the only problem is, i am losing/loosing weight faster in my lower body, and barely anything in my upper body. i love my hips and this freaks me out a little bit, shouldn't walking help me lose everywhere? should i quit walking and find someway to squeeze in strength training? is there a way to add some form of upper body exercise while i walk?? ANY and all helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
thank you.

Replies

• 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Hey, congrats on your progress so far!

Unfortunately, your body loses fat first from where it's genetically predisposed to do so, which for you seems to be your bottom half. It likely all comes down to your natural body shape, which typically if you tend to hold it in the upper portion of your body, is apple shaped, meaning your stomach area will likely be the last to go.

You certainly can add in some upper body workouts if you've got the time/equipment, but it won't change where you're losing fat from and building muscle while eating at a deficit is nearly impossible.

To some degree, you've just got to ride it out.

Good luck!
  • Kayzia_M
    Kayzia_M Posts: 97 Member
    thank you