Oh my Paleo!

Options
I am on day for of a 100% Paleo challenge and while this nutrition/lifestyle plan isn't for everyone I can truly say that I can't believe the difference in only 3 full days.

I think I was eating clean about 80% of the time so I didn't have massive withdrawls of sugars/toxins, etc. like others might have but I ramped up my plan and switched over to all natural, whole, real foods. Grass fed proteins, all real veggies, real healthy full fats...

I feel amazing and am dropping ounces/inches and even pounds by the minute.

My strength and edurance (and muscle tone) has gone off the charts.

Even when I feel slightly hungry it only takes a little bit of nutrient dense foods to satisfy me and I am satisfied for hours on end. It's become very east to simply eat when I feel hungry (anytime) and stop when I feel full.

I have no cravings at all and just feel an overall energy/warmth throughout my body that I've never felt before.

My body is thanking me for feeding it what it was meant to eat and process.

I highly recommend this plan to everyone...

Replies

• D1rt1ana
    Options
    Paleo is amazing!
    I have been following it for several months and I have never felt better in my entire life!
    Would you mind sharing the websites you use for recipes?
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    One word 'Placebo' your muscle done will not change in 3 days. If it works for you fine but 3 days is not enough time to tell if anything works
  • BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    Don't be a NAY sayer, be a yay sayer! :smile:

Placebo? Whatever... positive attitude breeds positive results.

Psssst... you have a typo in there
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Yes it is really amazing with a capital A!

I've used various sites just by browsing around and searching but I really do like nomnom paleo and I like paleo grub. What I really did was buy the paleo food items and do my home work about what to eat and what not to eat, then I started making up my own recipes. For example, for lunch today I have:

Grass fed chicken and bacon that was cooked in coconut oil / bacon fat.
    Chopped it up and added chopped (raw) red pepper, onion, celery, kale, spinach & arugula, carrot and mushroom and apple. Then I mashed it all together with some avocado and stuffed it all into a raw red bell pepper. Can you say yummy? :) In the morning I pretty much stick to my egg omellette with veggies and whatever meat I have laying around. The other day for a treat I wrapped some bacon around a honey crisp apple and fried it. It was soooo good.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you but I love my Greek yogurt with Greek honey and walnuts and cinnamon!
    I also love my beans!
    I truly love my crusty bread dipped in evoo!
    And I lost all my weight and feel amazing!
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options

And you spelled 'four' as 'for' in your OP. So what's your point?
  • Kelcey2313
    Kelcey2313 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good to hear! Im basically eating 80% paleo this week, and next Monday going to go full force 100% paleo so its not too drastic. I counted macros doing IIFYM for a long time and want to just eat wholesome foods and not be so consumed with numbers. I don't have much weight to lose but 5-7 lbs would be nice. I feel pretty good so far honestly and its only been a few days so Im pretty impressed. The only things Im really eating that are not paleo are Kind Bars (since they have peanuts) some organic peanut butter, and those crystal light packets for my water. Next week I'm going to try eliminating all of that to go full force.

Thanks all for sharing your story -- I'm excited to start!
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Hey Kelsey,
    Good for you and good luck! If you want to add me as a friend we can compare notes.

I'm glad that you're going 100%. With the few items you mentioned it should be pretty easy for you. I was a peanut butter junkie and quite honestly I have no cravings for that or sweets of any kind anymore. The combo of healthy fats and proteins eliminates the need for your body to produce cravings... When you think about it it makes perfect biological sense. If you are eating 100% paleo there is very little waste, it's all foods that your body needs for basic functions and your body will use every nutrient contained in those foods. It needs nothing else.

Starting this Saturday I am going to eliminate sugars entirely e.g., Paleo approved like fruits and honey... Yup, fruit is good for you but I'm starting an 8 week challenge and want to see if I can do it.

It's been two weeks for me and I feel incredible. I no longer count calories and yet I'm losing inches, ounces and even pounds. My muscles are increasing as well as my energy and endurance. Not to mention the benefits of healthy fats like wicked nice hair and skin! I've noticed in the last few days that I seem to be glowing haha! I'm loving this nutrition plan. I don't know why everyone doesn't do it. Oh yeah I do... if everyone went 100% Paleo there would be no need for sites like this LOL
  • fourfiftythree
    fourfiftythree Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I no longer count calories and yet I'm losing inches, ounces and even pounds.

After 3 days?

And I'll just leave this here for fun:
    http://www.healthylivingheavylifting.com/how-clean-eating-made-me-fat-but-ice-cream-and-subway-got-me-lean/
  • ghosthackexe
    ghosthackexe Posts: 181 Member
    Options

And you spelled 'four' as 'for' in your OP. So what's your point?

^
  • gopgirl425
    gopgirl425 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    This thread made me LOL ....thanks!
  • stephiedee23
    Options
    ...and just feel an overall energy/warmth throughout my body that I've never felt before.

But this is how I feel when I eat bread and butter.
  • tquill
    tquill Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Average lifespan of humans during the paleolithic era was 33. Why are people copying this eating lifestyle again?
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Average lifespan of humans during the paleolithic era was 33. Why are people copying this eating lifestyle again?

during those 33 years they felt better than ever
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    This is seriously funny!
  • aimforhealthy
    aimforhealthy Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Losing pounds by the minute after just 3 days...

mCpT4Br.gif
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

during those 33 years they felt better than ever

Close - I was almost wiping tea off my monitor! Well done!
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    Haha... all funny comments yes :smile:
    But if you haven't actually tried it, your opinions are of no real consequence here.
    The scale doesn't lie.
    Obviously if you eat too much of anything you're going to gain wait. The bottom line is one automatically eats less because it takes much less to fill you up. I know that my breakfast is around 300 calories and quite honestly I don't even think about food, or feel hungry until around 1:00 or so... I don't need a snack because a website tells me I should have a snack and I don't have to think about timing of my meals. I simply eat when I feel hungry and stop when I feel full. It doesn't get any easier. I used to eat greek yogurt a lot, it was my go too for a snack, breakfast, etc. I researched and bought the real good stuff... Sky Icelandic. Yup, really expensive but the highest protein and lowest sugar on the market. Anyway, since giving up dairy a few things have changed... no bloating, no hunger for that morning snack, basically an overall better feeling in my stomach. No, I am not intolerant to any certain kind of food or dairy. That's just one small example. I would challenge anyone who is skeptical to give it a try, just for a week. Experience it personally and then form an opinion.

I imagine a life span of 33 healthy years is better than a life span of 60 years when the last 30 are spent battling cancer or some other disease caused by too much of a good thing. Plus we're not running around trying not to get eaten by dinosaurs LOL
  • BoxerBrawler
    Options
    ...and just feel an overall energy/warmth throughout my body that I've never felt before.

But this is how I feel when I eat bread and butter.

Yup, this is exactly how I felt too a year or so ago. But it wasn't in my body, it was in my mind. A year or so later and almost 100 pounds lost I can say that you go ahead and eat the bread and butter, I'll take the veggies :happy:
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options

I imagine a life span of 33 healthy years is better than a life span of 60 years when the last 30 are spent battling cancer or some other disease caused by too much of a good thing. Plus we're not running around trying not to get eaten by dinosaurs LOL

I turned 53 last Saturday - I have lost 20lbs since Jan 1st of this year - no gimmicks, no fad diets, no giving up ANYTHING! I just eat less and move more - but constructively. I lift, I cycle, I run and I walk. I ran 2.82 miles in 25 minutes this morning - that's a shade under a 9min mile ave. You can have your 30years - I'm looking forward to at least another 50. :drinker: