Protein witout the fat

Options
I am absolutely obsessed with in the shell peanuts. I never eat the shell (do people do that?), but I could eat a giant bowl of these peanuts every day! I guess it's not the worst thing to over eat because they have healthy fats and protein, but is there similar alternative to these that have less fat/calories? I've tried the pop chips, the quaker mini rice cakes...I feel like I'm eating air and obviously they don't have the protein.
Any other suggestions (and don't say that peanuts are fine, just in moderation--I'm looking for something I can actually have a few handfuls of)

Thanks!

Replies

• uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    sunflower seeds? pumpkin seeds? I have no idea. Not much can replace the amazingness that is peanuts.
  • Penelope1975
    Penelope1975 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    The Good Bean roasted chickpeas. I bought them at Costco. Per 28 g serving (about 1/4 cup) they are 120 calories, 4 gms of fat, 18 g carbs and 5g of protein. Similar in protein and calories to nuts but only a fraction of the fat. And delicious! They are crunchy like a nut and salty like a chip. You could probably make your own at home too, easily enough.