Need some guidance please

Options
Hello all,

I know this has been asked numerous times and I have reviewed those questions and answers, but I just want a little guidance for my situation.

I am 46 years old, only 5 feet tall and currently weigh 168.4. 4 years ago I weighed 196.5 and thru diet and exercise, all running I got down to 138 and felt pretty good about that weight. Then I stopped running as I thought I had a hold on my life, and I ballooned back up to 181, and thru eating better and incorporating exercise back in my life I got down to where I am now. I have been sitting at this weight pretty much for 6-8 weeks now with no change.

I have a FItbit and based on my readings every day it states that I am burning anywhere from 2300-2600 calories a day. I run/walk for 60 minutes Monday thru Friday and 90 minutes on the weekends. I eat anywhere from 1400-1700 calories a day and my TDEE is calculated at 1794. So I have no idea why I am not losing any weight, I am stuck at 168.4. I know there can be some room for error on logging my food, but I do not believe that the error could be 500+ calories to result in no weight loss.

An example of my food for a day is:

Breakfast - 1 boiled large egg, 1 piece of light multi-grain toast with sugar free strawberry jam and 2 cups of coffee with 1 splenda and sugar/fat free coffee mate(roughly 5 tablespoons)

Lunch - is either a salad with chicken(4oz) this salad consists of mixed greens, 1 tbl of feta cheese, 2 tbl spoons of craisins, 1/2 avacado, 1/2 cup blueberries and the chicken. Or 2/3 cup of basmati rice, 4 oz chicken and 1/2 cup of green beans.

Snack - greek yogurt.

Dinner is always meat, carb and veggies.

I do indulge on the weekends with a couple of drinks and twice a month we eat out for a weekend night.

Thanks for your time.

Claudette

Replies

• cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    anybody?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    What your Fitbit says you burn per day would be your TDEE. (keep in mind Fitbit is just giving you an estimate) So I'm not sure what you mean when you say your TDEE is 1794. Do you mean your BMR?

This isn't going to sound very helpful, but if you aren't losing weight, you probably aren't in a calorie deficit. What if you put your goal at 1500 and stuck to it for a few weeks. No going over on the weekends or anything. See if your weight starts to drop again. If it does......you know you were eating more than you realized.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,834 Member
    Options
    Maybe your indulging a bit too much on the weekends and on your nights out?

Are you weighing everything correctly?
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Maybe your indulging a bit too much on the weekends and on your nights out?

That's what I was thinking. Being only 5 ft, it is probably pretty easy to blow a deficit in a weekend.

Hell I'm 5'6 and can blow my deficit (giggity) for the week in one night!