BREAKFAST

Options
Looking for some lower calorie breakfast ideas! I'm stuck...please give me ideas!

Replies

• farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    fresh fruit, diced or sliced, with low fat plain & natural, no sugar, yoghurt
  • elephant2mouse
    elephant2mouse Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I just had a banana, a Clementine, and a handful of grapes...

But my favourite is raisin, date, and walnut instant oatmeal with a serving of pb2 chocolate flavoured... Yum.
  • farberry
    farberry Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    30 grams of rolled porridge oats (oatmeal?) made with water is 115 cals and super filling, add sweetener/vanilla or almond extract for negligible cals and tasty flavour. Eat it relatively liquidy and it'll make a massive bowl that leaves me stuffed!

I actually then add 100ml skimmed milk (37cals) and 1tbsp soya protein (38cals, 9g protein), and 10g golden syrup (30ish cals).

Comes in at just over 200 with all that.

When I was aiming for lower cals I'd cook 50g of blueberries into it instead with sweetener - delicious purple porridge for <150 calories.
  • afortunatedragon
    afortunatedragon Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    What is low calorie for you?

Weekdays I have a soy joghurt with protein powder and some fruit.
    Sums up to 250 to 300 cals.

Wholemeal toast with marmelade ~ 120 - 150 cals

Little yoghurt around 70 cals

One egg 80cals ...
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I do four scrambled egg variations everyday-- for example

This morning I felt like hashbrowns - so I did egg whites instead of the whole eggs mixed in my scramble

I do this when I want other higher calorie add ins like chorizo or sausage or meat,, but if I am just doing eggs and veggies I will do the whole eggs and veggies works out to anywhere from 100-300 cals depending on additions with the eggs!
  • chubbylucie
    Options
    Hello!
    I suppose it depends on what you consider to be low-cal for a breakfast? I currently love the following...

Microwave Plain Oats made up with semi-skimmed milk (186 cals)

With a chopped Banana - (100 to 150 cals) + Tsp of honey (26 cals) + Tbsp of cinnamon - 9 cals

I find it really sweet and yummy for breakfast plus the oats are good for releasing energy slowly, banana for one of my 5 a day and milk for calcium too

Love Lucie x
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I'm always have strange recipes but here goes,,
    I put a tater tot on the bottom of a sprayed muffin tin(4 tins).. Break up so it covers the bottom
    Beat up,2 eggs, splash of milk green peppers, onions.. Sometimes mushrooms
    Add 1/4 slice cheese on each of the 4 tins
    Bake 350 till eggs are done... Good to keep in the freezer and just reheat and go..
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I'm always have strange recipes but here goes,,
    I put a tater tot on the bottom of a sprayed muffin tin(4 tins).. Break up so it covers the bottom
    Beat up,2 eggs, splash of milk green peppers, onions.. Sometimes mushrooms
    Add 1/4 slice cheese on each of the 4 tins
    Bake 350 till eggs are done... Good to keep in the freezer and just reheat and go..

That sounds awesome. Must do that.
  • kellysg12
    kellysg12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Microwave Plain Oats made up with semi-skimmed milk (186 cals)
    With a chopped Banana - (100 to 150 cals) + Tsp of honey (26 cals) + Tbsp of cinnamon - 9 cals

I find it really sweet and yummy for breakfast plus the oats are good for releasing energy slowly, banana for one of my 5 a day and milk for calcium too

This! Oatmeal is amazing when you're working on weight loss. Whole grain, filling, and easy to add fruit, healthy fats (nuts or nut butter), and lowfat/nonfat dairy to. I usually end up cooking 1/2 cup dry oats (150cal) and adding 1/2 cup plain soy milk (45cal) and then something yummy like a banana (~105cal) or 2 tablespoons chopped nuts (~100cal). Cinnamon and stevia can make it sweet without adding brown sugar!
  • zericaaaaa
    zericaaaaa Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I usually just eat egg whites on a piece of toast with green peppers, salsa and cheese! its filling and awesome

(depending on what brands, give or take a few)
    9 tbsp. of egg whites- 75 cals
    whole wheat bread- 60 cals
    mozzarella low moisture part skim cheese- 50 cals
    green peppers- 10 cals
    1 tbsp. of salsa-10 cals

so roughly 200 cals. 9 tbsp. is a whole ton of egg whites though lol so you could even cut it down to 6 or so and still be good. I just usually do 9 because I freaking love egg whites and they fill me up :)
  • DisneyWisp
    Options
    eggs eggs and eggs. also cheese or bacon. these all have NO CARBS, and a full calorie intake :)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Currently stuck on 2 hard boiled eggs with plenty of chipotle tabasco. 160 calories.

I get on a streak of eating the same breakfast and I go with it until I get burnt out.

Before this I was having a cup of low fat cottage cheese with 1/3 cup craisins mixed in.

I LURVE high protein breakfast.
  • krawhitham
    krawhitham Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    Black coffee. I don't eat til like noon or 1pm... but that's the lowest calorie breakfast I can think of!
  • bvagle
    Options
    Thank you all for your awesome ideas! I have lots of ideas and things to pick from now! :smile: :smile:
  • markrichtsspraytan
    Options
    I like instant oatmeal (110 calories) with a scoop of chocolate protein powder (100 calories), made with water (0 calories) ---> 210

or...

Carbmaster yogurt (60 calories) + 1 cup of unsweetened wheat puffs cereal (60 calories) + a tbsp of cocoa powder (20 calories) ---> 140