Miracle Noodles?

Options
Have you tried? I am trying for the first time tonight. Just with organic marinara sauce and grilled chicken.

Replies

• maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    Epitome of disgustingness. Smell like fish, taste like slime. I'd rather eat my own feet
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I've heard they're bad. I want to try zoodles,(zucchini noodles).
  • McGristy
    McGristy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've heard they give people terrible stomach problems after eating them. And they're stinky when you first open the bag.
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options

zoodles are awesome. they've become my go-to for any dish that i'd normally serve with pasta. i don't even bother cooking them because i like the light crunch, and the cooked sauce warms them nicely.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Not going to eat this. I'd rather use a spiralizer and turn zucchinis and carrots into noodles (which tastes and looks awesome, by the way).
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    No. Sorry I like my pasta. But that's my opinion.
  • bfergusonii
    bfergusonii Posts: 208 Member
    Options

zoodles are awesome. they've become my go-to for any dish that i'd normally serve with pasta. i don't even bother cooking them because i like the light crunch, and the cooked sauce warms them nicely.

Agreed. We actually just bake them at low temperature for a few minutes to remove some of the moisture.
  • CrystalCM10
    CrystalCM10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I use miracle noodles. I agree that they smell fishy, but I rinse them, and lighly sautee them just to get rid of the mositure. They hold up well in any dish that I've put them in. Pasta is much better, but it doesn't always fit into my macro's for the day. Shirataki noodles are a good substitute IMO.
  • CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    They smell funky but not too bad. They are basically tasteless. Its the texture I had issues with. They are like eating rubber bands. I made mac and cheese and baked it in the oven. What a disappointment. The cheese sause didnt stick to the noodles at all. Waste of time and waste of money.
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    love it but i don't see them as a replacement to pasta. Just a side that absorbs the flavors from the rest of my meal.
  • fastdumpster
    Options
    I like them. Just make sure you wash them thoroughly. I usually use them with stronger flavors than a marinara sauce, mostly Chinese style stir fries or Thai style dishes with curry paste or Pad Thai. Thai dishes often contain a little bit of fermented shrimp paste or fish sauce anyways so I really can't notice any residual flavor the noodles might have.
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    This thread taught me how to use shiritaki noodles well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/536767-let-s-talk-about-shirataki-noodles

I recommend trying the dry-fry method before you decide whether or not you like them.

My favorite uses are in pad thai and "pasta" puttanesca. I don't think I'd like them with chicken and marinara -- they're too mild. Shiritaki noodles are better when the noodles aren't really the focus of the dish; I think they need other strong components.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Worst. Fake. Noodles. Ever.

Just eat some pasta, have a normal serving, and make it fit into your calorie deficit.
  • MartinaTVS
    MartinaTVS Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've made them twice so far. Like a pasta, not so great but when I made it in a asian style noodle soup I thought it was really good. I rinsed really well and cooked longer than the package recommended.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    This thread taught me how to use shiritaki noodles well.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/536767-let-s-talk-about-shirataki-noodles

I recommend trying the dry-fry method before you decide whether or not you like them.

My favorite uses are in pad thai and "pasta" puttanesca.

^^This

I like them when dry-fried, particularly with Thai green or red curry on top. That way I'm not expecting pasta.
  • alyssareyans
    alyssareyans Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I hate them. I do like zucchini and carrots done up as noodles. I usually mix zoodles in with regular pasta; that way I can eat more with fewer calories.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    What exactly do they do? Turn pasta into whine? I've never heard of them.
  • aubaby
    aubaby Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    What exactly do they do? Turn pasta into whine? I've never heard of them.

They are made from a Japanese yam and they come in a plastic bag packed in liquid. They do smell fishy when you open the bag but if you rinse well the smell goes away. Then you blanche in boiling water for a minute. Or dry fry. I will have to check that out. I had them with marinara tonight. They are filling and were ok. Think I will try them in some Asian dishes.
  • aubaby
    aubaby Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    And they have 0 calories.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Zoodles are awesome! Eat them once a week, at least.