Hey Hey!

Options
I've been using MFP for a few weeks on the iPhone and have finally gotten round to using the website (and telling others to give it a go.)

I'm a 23 year old (currently unemployed :( ) male currently weighing in at 130lbs at 5ft10ins. Yes I know many people are going to say "Thats a healthy weight!" True, but I look and feel like a bag of bones and want to look good, not only for myself but for my fianceé who has recently joined MFP and who has set herself a goal of getting her weight down for our wedding and I want to put in just as hard an effort as she is.

I know a lot of help and advice is unlike the majority of people on here are trying to lose weight and advising people on how to be that, but I've been using it to help me put on weight by ensuring that I eat above both my BMR and the standard guideline RDA. Currently my goal is to get from my current 130lbs to around 168lbs and being an impatient person I want to do it asap, but there is no real reason to do it in a short space of time.

I could probably do with some advice on some areas that I see to be constantly missing out on regardless of what I eat, for instance I never seem to get any potassium in what I'm eating and have rarely goten close to my goals for Vit A, Calcium or Iron.

I was very shocked when I looked at some diet challenges that people are running and found that I had more calories in one meal than they are allowing themselves for the whole day at a whopping 1952cals! Needless to say that the iPhone app told me that if every day were like yesterday I'd put on 19lbs in 5 weeks >.<

So yeah, long introduction, but Hey anyways :)

Replies

• arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Welcome and all the best to both you and your fiancé
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    welcome and hope you reach your goal! i'm on the opposite end, but i've been on this site for almost 2 years, so if you need any help i might be able to answer some questions! good luck :)
  • HolsDoinIt
    HolsDoinIt Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    welcome...i wish you luck
  • littlebit76548
    Options
    Good luck! My only advice would be to put it on by eating healthily and not eating fatty foods with high calories, as well as weight lifting to add muscle weight rather than fat. Protein powder can help do that. Drink orange juice or eat oranges or other citrus fruits for the vitamin C and bananas for the potassium. You could make a smoothie with orange juice, banana, yogurt, and add protein powder to get all the above. You could also buy Slim Fast and add it throughout the day to drinks along with eating meals to boost calorie and nutrient intake to gain weight.
  • doktauh
    Options
    Just calculated how many calories I had in the averge day during my final year at university, needless to say my fianceé who wasn't living with me at the time is less than impressed that I could shove 6046 calories down my throat daily and still be alive :)