Need a pal with similar goals = shed 20lbs

Options
I began working at home a year ago and gained 10 pounds. Working in an office does have it's pluses, like set meal times an more guilt when you snack poorly. Losing 10 lbs is the first leg of my goal. The second leg is getting off the next 10. Anyone want to join me? I plan to burn at least 500 calories 6 days a week and stay within my calorie range each day until these stubborn pounds come off. Having a buddy helps me to see that each day, I'm not the only one banking in all the hard work. The status updates are so motivating that it makes me want to log into MFP more often. Anybody in? Let's lose together and cheer each other on for each pound lost.

Replies

• Jaxyz
    Jaxyz Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm very new to this [weight loss+dieting+mfp] but I think I need someone to help me keep motivation!
    I had my 1st baby a while ago and I'm a stay at home mom for now so I've gained a "FEW" pounds. This summer will be my 1st visit home and I want to look like I had a child but didn't let go of myself. I only have a couple of months so I want to be realistic about this. =]
  • JustOneLife
    Options
    Hey Jax - just look for my friend request! Thanks!
  • Drealicious
    Options
    heyy i need to loose about 25 more pounds:) ive lost 8 so far. im in:)!
  • tocsha
    tocsha Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    would love to join you I'm also trying to lose the last stubborn 20lbs that wants to stay with me
  • mariemarrero
    Options
    Hi,

I have a similar story. My husband was transferred to Singapore last year for work. I've worked all my life and for the first time found myself not working and in a new country! I gained 13 pounds in a year. We were married here four months ago but have been planning a wedding in April in Puerto Rico for family. I need to shed these pounds before the wedding.

I've taken off 6 pounds and want to lose at least another 10 by April. In the past week I signed up on this site to take this journey with others. It helps to have people on the same road with you and to encourage and support you during the ups and downs. My husband is supportive but he keeps saying that he doesn't think I need to lose weight and that I look fine. I feel uncomfortable and I don't like what I see in the mirror.

For the past 3 weeks I've been doing "Bootcamp" 4 days a week. I'm ramping it up to 5 days. Singapore is a wonderful place to walk but it has to be done in the evening or in the morning as it gets very hot and humid from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm. I have been working off an average of 500 calories each day. I've lost a pound since I signed up 3 days ago. This site really does seem to help when you feel accountable for your calorie and exercise intake.

I would like to be your pal! Let's help each other out!
  • kps1104
    kps1104 Posts: 58
    Options
    hey I am in! I have about 25 lbs to go and I am doing about 500 cal a day 5-6 times a week on the treadmill and I am doing zumba 3 times a week (I burn way more there) but I need some motivation and encouragement!
  • Jennifer2311
    Options
    Hi Im in!

I was 220lbs 4/5 years ago, I went down to 115 in a year but I did it a really silly way, I didnt eat, I would eat every 3/4 days so when I started eating properly I put the weight back on. When I joined here last week I was 140lbs, my weigh in day was todayand I have lost 3lbs! Im really happy!

Please feel free to add me as a friend!