when should we weigh?

Options
Just wondering how often?will the app tell me to or do I decide when to weigh myself?
How often do you lot do it? Thanks :)

Katie

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Personal Preference.

I weigh in as soon as a i wake up and gone to the bathroom.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend looking at the averages over weighing once per week.
    I weigh once per week. Daily is overkill.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Generally, most people pick one day a week. Do it in the morning after you use the restroom and before your shower. Wear as little as possible or do it nekkid. Weigh yourself under the same conditions every week (scale in the same place, etc)

Some folks weigh in every day. I'd go mental if I did this, but if you can mentally handle the weight fluctuations then go for it.
  • Shalva
    Shalva Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am a bit neurotic (ok a lot) and I weigh every morning as soon as I get up. I also log whenever I have a loss. This means for me that there are times i am logging my weight 3-4 times a week... that is just me... it is neurotic I know but it works for me.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week (Sundays) after waking up and going to the bathroom.

NAKED. LOL!! :blushing:
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I weigh at night because I want my goal weight to be when I'm out and about.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options

wont the fluctuation kills you? because even when you just drink more on that day, it will easily add 2 kgs... I would die...
  • CherryChan81
    Options
    Personal Preference.

Me too...
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    On Sunday mornings after doing my morning 'business' lol

Any more than that and I get obsessed over what are completely normal daily weight fluctuations

I put that damn scale in my closet all week so I can't see it looking at me.

Good luck
  • pattigorman
    pattigorman Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    App suggests once a week. My eating disorder therapist says it isn't about the scale, it's about our relationship with food. I've read articles that suggest just taking measurements once a month and photo. Best advice, don't get addicted to scale.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options

wont the fluctuation kills you? because even when you just drink more on that day, it will easily add 2 kgs... I would die...

nah they don't bother me. I can tell you within a lb or two what I'll weigh based on what I've eaten. plus it's nice to be three pounds Below my goal every morning. Cheers everybody keep on kicking butt!!
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Personal Preference.

Me too...

^^This.

I weigh every day and keep a 7-day running average. Helps to average out the water fluctuations.
  • CherryChan81
    Options

nah they don't bother me. I can tell you within a lb or two what I'll weigh based on what I've eaten. plus it's nice to be three pounds Below my goal every morning. Cheers everybody keep on kicking butt!!

:flowerforyou: good for you... I dont think I can handle that though!!! :explode:
  • tjclark317
    Options
    I weigh on Sunday mornings usually in my underwear. Also, I do measurements and such every 4th Sunday. Granted, I look at the scale daily, but I am able to understand the fluctuations and I ONLY count the weight on Sunday morning because of that. Doing the measurements every 4th Sunday allows me a bigger picture and it makes me happy to see the bigger changes :)
  • camilliar84
    camilliar84 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would pick a day like Wed, and weight yourself once a week, trust me weighing yourself everyday is exhausting and discouraging!
  • hilts1969
    hilts1969 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    When i was trying to lose weight once a month, now i am at goal every friday morning, daily is stupid