healthy no cook or convenience foods?

Options
I'm moving next week and at the point where I have to pack up the kitchen!

What are some healthy no cook snacks and meals? By no cook I mean no baking. Microwaving is okay :-)

Replies

• ajax041813
    ajax041813 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I ran into the same issue about a month ago. I did several crockpot meals that could be heated in microwave, stews, curries, chili and just some meats too. I keep frozen veggies on hand all the time so I would steam them in the microwave after the main course was heated, I found the veggies stay hot longer this way. I also don't mind some meats cold, since I know they are cooked thoroughly. Chicken was one in particular we did a bunch of fried, then just ate cold chicken legs!!! I always have salad stuff available and you could prep you salads in Tupperware so you just top with meat and eat!!! Hope this helps!!
  • kellysg12
    kellysg12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I like to do a salad with some no-cook or microwave protein, and maybe bread on the side if you're into that. My favorites have been spinach salad with cut up microwaved vegetarian (or not) chicken patty, tomatoes, and red onion, or a romaine salad with tuna, basil, and nuts. Either way it's easy to manipulate the macros by adding more or less oil or nuts (fat), bread/fruit/veggies (carbs) and protein. Vinegar, greens, and herbs add lots of flavor and some bulk without necessitating a lot of carbs or cooking.
  • cuteaintfit
    Options
    The problem is that I'm just one person and all the dishes have to be packed up, so I was thinking ir might be a slim fast, fresh fruit, and quest bar kind of week! Lol and some frozen meals?
  • inkedmommy67
    inkedmommy67 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    maybe make some protein boxes similar to the starbucks ones?
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I would roast a few chicken breasts with your favorite ( yet versatile) seasonings, and slice it up. Add that to some frozen veggies and salads, and you you have lunches and dinners for a couple days. For breakfast greek yogurt with granola for fiber. My family moves a lot, so I have learned that whenever logistics allow, I keep one plate/bowl/utensil for each family member, as well as one all purpose skillet that is deep enough to hold pretty much anything I need to cook (plus a spoon and a spatula)
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    could do some quick/old fashioned oats in the microwave maybe and add fresh/frozen fruit on top or pb. salads with canned tuna or boil some eggs in the mic. i like to put salsa as dressing :~) also maybe get some steamable bagged veggies and maybe you could cook some chicken or fish ahead of time to just reheat for a bit.
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    You didn't mention fast food, but if I were in your shoes, I'd sometimes do...

Wendy's - Ultimate Chicken Grill (370 cal) with Wendy's Sliced Apples (40 cal) instead of fries and a no-cal drink (Combo Meal)

or

Wendy's - Cashew Asian Chicken Salad Full Size - Cashews, 2 Dressings (380 cal)

and if you're looking for breakfast

Mcdonalds - Sausage Mcmuffin With Egg (370 cal)
  • funchords
    funchords Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    The problem is that I'm just one person and all the dishes have to be packed up, so I was thinking ir might be a slim fast, fresh fruit, and quest bar kind of week! Lol and some frozen meals?

This site has the complete list of Healthy Choice meals and you can sort by different nutritional criteria -- but you could hardly go wrong with this line.

http://www.healthychoice.com/products/complete-meals
  • cuteaintfit
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Great ideas :-)