still got the belly and bacons

Options
well again.,,,im under everyday according to this site,,,but the get and bacons are still there...I workout everyday and eat pretty much the same things...dont get it

Replies

• lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    According to your ticker, you are at your goal weight, is that correct? You may need to start thinking about body recomposition. What kind of exercises do you do? If you don't currently lift weights that might be the way to go :)

Are you still trying to lose weight? If you are at your goal but still feel that there is more fat to lose you may want to reevaluate your goal. Are you saying that you are in a calorie deficit but not losing any weight, or that you are losing weight but not from the places you want? If it is the former, then you might need to tighten up your logging ie weigh and log EVERYTHING to eliminate human error. In your diary there are a lot of entries that use 'servings' or cups, these can be pretty off. Also, the MFP estimations for calories burned through exercise are notorious for being too high. If it is the latter, just be patient. You can't choose where weight comes off, unfortunately.

If you provide some more information such as your height, weight, goals, exercise routine etc then people here might be able to give you some more specific advice :)
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    well again.,,,im under everyday according to this site,,,but the get and bacons are still there...I workout everyday and eat pretty much the same things...dont get it
    Could you explain this in old people vernacular? Get and bacons?

I'm so lost.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I think get = gut, but what's the bacons?
  • ponyvillalobos
    ponyvillalobos Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Please tell me what the bacons are. I am 44...am I THAT out of it that I don't know what the bacons are?
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Since bacon comes from the sides of the pig, I'm guessing bacons would be love handles?
  • cvcman
    cvcman Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    55 year old man. 5'8" tall weight 140
    Yes I ment gut and bacons.ie love handles. I am happy with my weight but the flab I am not happy with. Read my diary. I under calories on a regular basis of 1000 or more everyday
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I'm certainly no expert, but 5'8" 140 seems pretty slim to me, and your calories look really low.

Maybe you need to focus more on building muscle at this point rather than losing weight? In order to do that, you would need to eat more calories so your body has the fuel to build muscle.

Just my barely educated opinion :laugh: Hopefully you will get more feedback. Good luck!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    If you're unhappy with your appearance, but at your ideal weight, Strength train. I've never heard of this get and bacons business.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,209 Member
    Options
    Yes, follow a full-body strength training program.
    Make sure to eat enough protein. You seemed low on a couple days.

By the way, you might have some loose skin, if you lost 58 lbs.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    OK, gut and bacons man, shake things up. Try a new routine. Totally different exercises. Add some weights! You'll be buff. :)

People love to tell me their wacky weight loss stuff, which I love to hear. Any talk about weight loss is my thing these days. Today, my neighbor said that if you spend three days doing this, you'll lose five pounds:

Day One: undereat by 1/4
    Day Two: Overeat by 1/2
    Day Three: undereat by 1/4

This is based on the wacky theory that you "trick" your body and metabolism somehow. You're also supposed to cut your carbs, but she doesn't remember how many because she doesn't believe that works (but she does believe the tricking will work without the carbs, so there you go. The carbs stuff isn't real, but the tricking is...Science! (; )

Good luck!
  • cvcman
    Options
    not sure what you mean by 1/4...1/2 ??? But i have mixed it up doesnt seem to matter
  • Kalikel
    Options
    not sure what you mean by 1/4...1/2 ??? But i have mixed it up doesnt seem to matter
    Your daily calorie amount. :)
  • cvcman
    Options
    yea I figured that ...1/4 of what im already eating which is under what this site recommends already ? so if the site wants me eating 2k a day then you say eat 1500 to reduce by 1/4 ????....im still under that many days <<<<and over some...doesnt work...for me anyway
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    Takes too long to lose them both, esp. the gut, just keep what you're doing and I'm sure it will go. It takes too long, and personally, I have stopped focusing on it, and just eat what I want, and let the weight loss lower my body fat. I personally have to be around 8 stone to have a flat stomach. I'm 10.4 (144lb). Once you stop focusing so much on it, you will be happier. It's a minor thing. And don't compare yourself to anyone either.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don't see a gut in your pic. I am too new to suggest anything, but the strength training people are recommending sounds like it would help.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    55 year old man. 5'8" tall weight 140
    Yes I ment gut and bacons.ie love handles. I am happy with my weight but the flab I am not happy with. Read my diary. I under calories on a regular basis of 1000 or more everyday

Hit the weights :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Mmmm bacon and pork belly.
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You don't automatically get the body of your dreams just because you hit a arbitrary body weight goal.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Eat more food and strength train. Start yesterday.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Well, I learned something today bacons=love handles. Who knew?