Does Sex count as exercise?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Bazzaware
    Bazzaware Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Would it be bad etiquette to wear a heart rate monitor while having sex? :wink: And would the partner be offended if heart was not racing? :brokenheart:
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I'd log it. Figuring out the calorie burn is difficult and I gather it's not a big burner anyway…
    However… I definitely recommend getting some of this "exercise" on a regular basis. :-) At the very least you'll feel better afterward. (Provided you're doing it right, of course! :-) )
  • krebscabbage
    krebscabbage Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Would it be bad etiquette to wear a heart rate monitor while having sex? :wink: And would the partner be offended if heart was not racing? :brokenheart:

LOL! Love the idea, just to experiment. Isn't that what good sex is about anyway? ;-)
  • masssiveone
    Options
    only as part of a protein controlled diet...:)
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I don't but I should !
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    Ok...here's my 2 cents on exercise: If you were doing it when you were overweight and it didn't help you lose weight/become fit, then I don't count it now. Same goes for cleaning, etc.

Agreed
  • chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Every move you make constitutes burned calories. I guess even if you just lay there, lol.
  • ElliInJapan
    ElliInJapan Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    lol at the thread

Of course it's not worth logging it.
    But the truth is, every now and then I get DOMS and I think to myself that it was a good workout :laugh:
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Dunno, if I'm busting out the pile driver move, then that does count as low weight high rep.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Someone on here told me a story about a woman who wore her HRM during sex just to see what would happen. At first her husband didn't think it was cool... but then decided it was a good thing because he kept going at it to see if he could keep getting the highest "score".
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I also read that during sex you can burn as many calories as running for 5 miles. But that has to be impossible. Who the heck can run five miles in 30 seconds?
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    I wore a Bodybugg for a year, and on several occasions I left it on during sex to see how many calories I burned, and I was disappointed that sex wasn't a significant calorie burner at all! My husband thought it was hilarious that I wore the Bodybugg to bed (it's an armband, for those who aren't familiar with it) but I just told him it was for scientific research! Ah, good times!

Yup.

I wear mine all the time (he's used to it by now lol) and sadly, not many calories burned. It is funny to see it on the graph though.
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I really don't need to know when my friends are dusting the trombone. It's awkward "liking" those posts.
  • Onderwoman
    Options
    I really don't need to know when my friends are dusting the trombone. It's awkward "liking" those posts.

But if the trombone is really dusty, you may be just being a good friend to encourage it though, especially if they only practice for 30 seconds!
  • CuteAndCurvy83
    CuteAndCurvy83 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Ok...here's my 2 cents on exercise: If you were doing it when you were overweight and it didn't help you lose weight/become fit, then I don't count it now. Same goes for cleaning, etc.

I agree, the only time I MAY log cleaning is if it was a hands and knees up and down scrub down that I only do a couple times a year.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    Good question OP. Also, how do you decide what kind of sex is *heavy* sex vs. *light* sex? I need to know.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options

I agree, the only time I MAY log cleaning is if it was a hands and knees up and down scrub down that I only do a couple times a year.

giggity?
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Good question OP. Also, how do you decide what kind of sex is *heavy* sex vs. *light* sex? I need to know.

:laugh:
  • emailme178
    emailme178 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    if you're a bottom starfish then no way... if ur on top and working hard for a good while... yes def worth logging if u got a good sweat going!
  • Markdjones83
    Markdjones83 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    200.gif