Demotivated :(

Options
Okay so this might sound stupid but the scale that i use at home which is an analogue one differs from the one at my gym( a digital one). So according to the home scale i was 69 kgs. *finally in my 60's* but i was 73 according to the scale at the gym :( . I didn't even feel like working out much after that . yes stupid i know but i couldn't help it. Also i'm working realllly hard but i'm not losing much weight at the same time. I don't want to quit, no i'm too strong for that but these little things really demotivate me . A Lot :(

Replies

• yxeslrig1
    Options
    Girl, stick to one scale or the other, do not use both. That way you can accurately track your weight. All scales are different, do not let this stop your progress!!!! :)
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Okay so this might sound stupid but the scale that i use at home which is an analogue one differs from the one at my gym( a digital one). So according to the home scale i was 69 kgs. *finally in my 60's* but i was 73 according to the scale at the gym :( . I didn't even feel like working out much after that . yes stupid i know but i couldn't help it. Also i'm working realllly hard but i'm not losing much weight at the same time. I don't want to quit, no i'm too strong for that but these little things really demotivate me . A Lot :(

We all have these days, so don't despair. My first piece of advice would be to choose ONE scale and use that. It really doesn't matter which is right -- either will show you the change in the right direction, which is what you really care about, right?

Hang in there and try to focus on how good the successes feel. Get plenty of sleep, eat good quality food, watch your calories and stay active and even if you're "spot on" only 80% of the time, you'll see success. This is a lifelong journey of reaching and staying at a healthy body weight -- not a diet. So give yourself a break AND a pat on the back for your success to date, and forge ahead.

:)
  • racharla
    racharla Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Scales do have errors on them ... and analogue scales are crap !! ..Always use the same scale so even if has errors...atleast the lost weight would be correct !!
    Don't give up !! You have done a great job losing those 46 lbs and you have come way too far to give up now !! Keep going !!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Not only do different scales show different weights, but a weight difference also shows up when you weigh yourself at different times on the same day, even if you use the same scale. Use one scale at around the same time each day.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Something I think about when I'm demotivated (like I currently am) is that all my actions either add up to a positive result or a negative result. If I overeat, etc., while I'm demotivated, I'm just going to have to make that up once my motivation kicks in again. Sometimes maintaining and just holding where you are is useful until the motivation kicks in again. So my goal is just to stay the course and maintain until I get through winter. Stay the course -- just keep making positive choices and EVENTUALLY the results will come.
  • Vicky14174
    Vicky14174 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    all scales are different so only use 1 scale. you need to use the one that you weighed in with the 1st time. just make sure the one at home is set to 0 before you weigh every time. don't give up. if i can do this so can you. here is to a goal breaking day for you. i'll be here with you every step of the way.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Cut that out . . . get on your home scale once per week ONLY. I actually put my scale in the garage for months and my husband would pop out to get it on my weekly morning weigh in (cause I weigh in my birthday suit and our garage is not attached to the house, ha ha).
    It took me quite a while to be able to "handle" the number on the scale, good or bad, before I would bring it back in the house.

It is hard to do but works wonders for your motivation if the scale is "ruling" you.
  • Bigpelly8
    Bigpelly8 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Also consider what you were wearing at home, and what you were wearing at the gym. A few clothing articles good make a big difference!
  • becky4bears
    Options
    The scale is my enemy LOL. I find that it varies way to much, especially if I use different scales. I try to assess my weight loss by how my clothes feel, not by what the scale says.
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    Thank you everyone ! I know i'm just being silly I 'd stick to the higher weight , i have waited so long to get into 60's i can wait a few more days , at least then my prick *kitten* of a conscience won't mock at me and i'd feel happier :D You guys are awesome ! , each one of you and now i'd go for a walk and burn those damned calories off

Much Love :)
  • JulieBoBoo
    Options
    {{{HUGS}}} I'm not going to repeat what others have said or what you probably already know. I will only say that it's o.k. to get discouraged sometimes. It's what you do AFTER that that counts. Make today count.
  • outersoul
    outersoul Posts: 711
    Options
    Everyone else has said it, but I'll repeat it. Stick to one scale. You can do this!
  • viggie
    viggie Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I put my scale out of the house. I sent it to my DD house. That scale was going to be my downfall. Try to leave it alone for awhile.
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    scales lie!~!.... I would say that a "doctor" scale is the most accurate, but if your scale is off, then its off, you can still judge your loses... also take mesurments of yourself, ie. arms, waist, legs, hips... and see if those get smaller.... everyones body doenst work the same.. you might be on a plateu and in a few more weeks start loosing again, just remeber that staying at your goal wieght also takes work. You cant reach it then stop eatin well and stop exercising, so keep doing what your dong, workout, eat well.. and everyting will be fine!~!
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. So now I just use the higher scale. Just makes me push that much harder.