Cardio Question

Options
If I do 5 days a week, 1 hour workouts in the morning and then one day a week at night to "trick" my body, will this result in more fat loss or does it not matter?

Also, how do I know how much protein to take in for weight and fat loss? (I'm an overweight woman!).

Thanks so much.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. Whether done in the morning or night, calories burnt is calories burnt.

Protein is essential for good health, but a specific amount isn't needed for weight and fat loss. That's what calorie deficit it for.

Try using a 30/40/30 macro ratio for a good balance.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jennhoffmanphoto
    Options
    Thank you.
    When you say 30/40/30 can you explain?
    Appreciate it!
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure you can trick your body, but what you're doing can't hurt! Sound like you're doing some serious workouts, too! Good for you!!

Losing weight is all about burning more calories than you take in. Healthy foods make a healthy body, but you can lose weight eating anything. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,699 Member
    Options
    Thank you.
    When you say 30/40/30 can you explain?
    Appreciate it!
    Take your calorie intake and apply a 30% carb/40% protein/30% fat ratio to it. So for example if your calorie restriction is 1500, then 450 calories would be carbs, 600 calories would be protein, and 450 calories would be fat.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition