Miracle Noodles?

Options
2»

Replies

• DreaHeaton
    DreaHeaton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Had them with pesto sauce and grilled chicken breast. I nearly gagged and could not finish the meal. Absolutely gross! Sorry....
  • jenniemarie91
    jenniemarie91 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Like the others said - you have to rinse them A LOT - and then dry fry them for a minute. that gets rid of the fishy smell. I use them in soups, or with a tomato sauce. The Hungry Girl website has a lot of recipes with the shirataki noodles - I've tried many of them, and they are pretty good!
  • monbot
    monbot Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    They make me feel sooooo sick a few hours afterwards. I often wake up in the middle of the nights with an upset stomach and the sweats after I've eaten them.
  • Ethereal_Whisper
    Ethereal_Whisper Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i bought two bags of miracle noodles once.

i took one bite of them after doing them up with a marinara sauce-- and i threw both bags away.

If i wanted to eat rubber bands, i'd eat rubber bands. I didn't notice a smell to them, but the texture.. ick.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Epitome of disgustingness. Smell like fish, taste like slime. I'd rather eat my own feet

rs_250x152-140109091048-literally.gif
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    If you're expecting a replacement for pasta then RUH ROH. Much disappoint.

However in asian dishes they are the bomb. I buy them when they are on sale and cook myself up a huge plate of thai or chinese inspired stirfry goodness.

As others have said rinse well and fry them. I wouldn't counternance them in a pasta type dish but when you throw chili, ginger, garlic, fish sauce and all the meat and veg at them - lovely.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I've only had decent results when I dry-fry them. Boiling them does absolutely nothing. Make sure you cut them up into smaller pieces before adding them to your sauce. And please don't ever make the mistake of freezing them. They'll shrink and become brittle, like stringy threads. Yuck.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Epitome of disgustingness. Smell like fish, taste like slime. I'd rather eat my own feet

This and if it are kelp noodles it feels like chewing on old elastics + it made me feel hungry quite rapidly again. Shirataki were better, but they also just don't give me a feeling of being full.

• Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I usually just make sure to weigh any pasta b/c portion control is the biggest issue for me. I add a bunch of veggies on top to make up for the lack of pasta. ;)

Has anyone tried these lower-carb noodles? I'm not impressed by the look of them, but reviewers seem like they like them.

http://www.amazon.com/Al-Dente-Carba-Nada-Fettuccine-10-Ounce/dp/B000FZRYPO/ywords=carba-nada
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I eat these a lot, along with the Miracle Rice. Anyhow, I usually pan fry mine (after I drain and wash) with some butter.... then throw in a little milk, and powdered cheese sauce (the popcorn kind) and stir it together.

Being Italian, I love pasta more than anything, but not the caloric / carb impact it takes on my macros, lol.
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    I rinse them thoroughly and dry fry them before adding sauce. They're quick and easy, and super low in calories. I enjoy them, although actual pasta is far better.

Zucchini noodles, in my opinion, are much better than shirataki noodles. You can get a spiralizer on Amazon for $10 and it's such a quick and easy process to make them.