Always have been obese

Options
I have been obese since high school, maybe middle school. (I might have just been classified overweight in middle school.) So, I don't know what my adult body would look like without all this weight. Anyway, this is totally random, but I was just wondering if once I lose all this weight, what my stomach and belly button would look like. LOL I just see these really fit women and their belly buttons look weird to me. I don't expect to -ever- have a fit flat stomach, but I'd like to try. Even still, I have a huge scar that wouldn't help with the image.

Anyway, who else has always been obese and doesn't know what their adult body would look like fit?

Replies

• that_tall_girl
    that_tall_girl Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Me! I haven't been under 200 lbs since I was 12/13. I have a picture of me in 6th grade at a track meet and I looked pretty good then, but again, I was 12. I don't have a clue what not being obese would look like or feel like.
  • debosewalters07
    Options
    I have been obese my entire life and now I trying to take control over my life. I started MFP at 315 and I have lost 22 lbs so far it been hard to keep going.I have been controlling my sugar, carbs and hitting the gym 5x a week which include zumba, weights and water aerobics, Has anyone lost a lot of weight and been able to maintain and how long did it take to lose the weight?
  • OneGoodBean
    OneGoodBean Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    The only way I've ever lost weight was by getting cancer... I don't recommend that route, especially since I gained it all back, plus 60 pounds. :/
  • Peanutmanak47
    Peanutmanak47 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda with you. During high school i weighed 260lbs at my max then lost it all and got down to 193lbs to join the USMC. At the end of my 4 years I was about 220. Then I flew up to 360lbs just due to laziness and loving food way to damn much. I know what it's like to be at a healthy weight for the 4 years I was there and that helps motivate me. Even now though, 5 1/2 years later I forget what it feels and looks like to be skinny and healthy. I've gotten so use to being obese that it's hard to imagine me skinny again.