I need help!!!!

Options
I don't know if I'm doing this wrong or I'm just really this stupid. So when I first started really trying to lose weight I was at 217 pounds. I've been at it for a good 2 months and I'm only down to 209.6 pounds. I told MFP that I wanted to lose 2 pounds a week and they told me to eat 1200 calories a day. I also workout everyday. I have a heart rate monitor and according to that depending on if I'm doing cardio or weight lift, I usually do both everyday, I burn between 500 and 700 calories. Shouldn't I be losing more weight? I've heard different things from different people. You need to eat more calories. You're not losing weight because you're gaining muscle. So on and so forth. I'm getting to the point of frustration that I feel like no matter hard how i try I don't get results and that really makes me think....well...why the hell bother

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing/measuring what you eat? If not, you're probably eating more than you think, which is what would be hindering your deficit. However, losing eight pounds in two months is excellent!
  • ewc0125
    Options
    I do measure what I eat. That's what I don't understand. I'm eating healthy. Working out. Drinking water and eating less calories. I'm at a total loss. But thank you for your encouraging words. :smile:
  • thesoup11
    thesoup11 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    what do you eat for your meals im tryin to get ideas sometimes you may need more calories if you workout alot
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    So you've lost 7.4lbs in two months? That's awesome!! Well done! :flowerforyou:
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose more, you must eat less and/or move more.

But you're doing really well! :)
  • ewc0125
    Options
    I usually eat oatmeal or egg whites with toast for breakfast. Lunch is iffy because I'm in class so I come home and try to eat something healthy. And dinner is usually chicken, fish, ground turkey or extra lean ground beef with vegetables. Snacks are usually fruit or shakeology.
  • ewc0125
    Options
    I just feel like I should be losing more, more quickly than I am.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    I know for me I lost the inches before I lost more weight after the first initial loss. how long are you doing the cardio/weight lifting for? its possible you arent getting enough calories(like someone stated). the harder you work the more calories you need but you still need to be at a deficit to lose weight. 1200 for a lot of people is way too low especially when working out at a high intensity or often.
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You also have to drink a lot of water. Your body needs water to get rid of the fat, but don't give up. You have to start somewhere.
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    I just feel like I should be losing more, more quickly than I am.

So, you are losing 1 pound a week is that right? What if you kept losing one pound a week for the next year? Would that be ok?
    My plan (and it worked for me), was to lose 1/2 pound a week, and I only ate back half the calories because I assumed that there could be an over-estimation. I also ate my TDEE at least a few times a week which meant an even slower loss, but I was patient and felt confident because my tracking numbers were my accurate account rather than numbers on a scale.
  • northbanu
    northbanu Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    A pound a week? I say well done.
    :happy:
  • ewc0125
    Options
    I do 30 minutes of cardio and 30 mibutes of weight training every day. Except today. Today i walked 5 miles. I just can never get a straight answer to how many calories i shoukd be eating.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    A pound a week is excellent!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This.

OP, you're doing fine. Keep it up.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    You also have to drink a lot of water. Your body needs water to get rid of the fat, but don't give up. You have to start somewhere.
    If water got rid of fat I would have never been fat in the first place because i've always drank lots of water. :wink:

Actually, water helps you feel full, is calorie free, and keeps you well hydrated. :smile:
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I think one pound per week is awesome. keep up the good work and don't rush things! :-)
  • ewc0125
    Options
    Thank you to everyone responding. Im definitely one of those type A personalities. I have no patience and i can never seem to agree with something unless its perfect, and weight loss is definitely one of those imperfect things. If i follow guidelines that say, do this and youll lose 2 pounds a week, i expect it. But 1 pound a week is beeter than none. Thank you for reminding me of that.
  • MoochieRama
    Options
    You're building muscle. One pound is steady and will be long term, you're doing great. How much are you trying to lose?
  • MoochieRama
    Options
    Ok I read your story again. Your net calories might be too low right now. How tall are you?
  • ukaryote
    ukaryote Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Ditto!

And you are absolutely correct, getting fit is far from a linear progression.