Giving it a shot!

Well, I had started back on some bad habits - and there is evidence of that on my body :) With a full stomach, I begin again to make plans with a new fitbit AND that fit bit scale coming tomorrow. I have a life to live and cannot spend it all day playing FB games and random, boredom snacking. Gotta get in my sleep. I don't sleep so well when I eat all wrong and don't exercise.

Replies

• Bad habits are easy to form, as they only take a few times to become part of your life. You can break into the healthy habits just as easily. It's good to see that you're taking a stand against what you don't want in your life. Just remember slips do happen, but they are not the end of the world. Just dust yourself off and re-commit to being better afterwards. Just as a side thought, look into a heart rate monitor if you plan on accurately tracking calories burned during your workouts, it will be more accurate than the fitbit alone. Good luck!
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Yep, FB is an evil creation and willpower is required to keep away from it. This is my FB now - I don't even log on to the other one any more. I recommend spending some time looking at some of the pics on the 'Success Stories' section here - very inspiring. Good luck!
  • Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    You can do this! Limit your FB time and concentrate on your health. By logging daily, walking more and interacting here with your friends you will succeed! You Rock!
  • Thanks for the encouragement!
  • We set up the fitbit scale. I like. Will get on scale in the AM. :wink:
  • hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    The way we talk to ourselves is the difference between success and failure. You're title "I am going to give it a "shot" indicates you're not really committed. You're basically saying O.K I'll try see how it goes, and it may or may not work.

Turn that into I am going to lose weight. I know I can do this and say it to yourself a thousand times.