gas/bloating from new healthy lifestyle?

Options
I am eating SO well!
I am staying within or close to my calories!
I am active for the first time EVER!

and I have developed PAINFUL bloating and gas! It's awful, especially as a Massage Therapist! No one wants their treatment to include gurgles and gas! LOL

Someone recommended Probiotics so I have started taking one a day - anyone try this or have other suggestions?
Thanks!

Replies

• aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I take Magnesium twice a day,with food.
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Watch your fiber. Sometimes when I have too much i really bloat and get gassy.

I've been much better lately since watching my carbs and "upping" my protein.
  • Chalktawmom
    Chalktawmom Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    OH YES!!!!!! I SO know what you are going through! This has been an ongoing struggle for me for about a year now. (Even had the dreaded colonoscopy. UGH) Gas, bloating and stomach distension had me convinced I was either pregnant or had colon cancer. But thankfully I just have a sensitive gut I guess.

The only things that give me any relief are probiotics when I remember to take them (I like Philips colon health), yogurt is wonderful and not drinking too much coffee. I refuse to give up coffee totally or cauliflower, cucumbers, onions etc!

Hope you find something that works for you. Good luck!
  • nabrown382
    Options
    I've had the same problem -- especially on days when I get in higher amounts of fiber. I have these ridiculous burps....if I didn't live by myself, it would be embarrassing...lol! your body's adjusting....keep up the healthy eating!
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I recommend keeping a food diary of what you eat, and what symptoms you experience - you may find it it triggered by certain foods or fizzy drinks, or even combinations of foods.
  • k4evans1
    k4evans1 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Are you lactose intolerant? I am but it doesn't kick in until I eat LOTS of dairy. Often on diets they recommend lots of dairy.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    just looked at your diary, just a thought you seem to be taking a lot of fiber supplements , why not eat more friut and veg less supplements and drink water...

just a thought
  • fearlessfatty
    fearlessfatty Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    just looked at your diary, just a thought you seem to be taking a lot of fiber supplements , why not eat more friut and veg less supplements and drink water...

just a thought

thanks! i was just thinking it may be too much - before the lifestyle change i had trouble in that area so i figured a fibre pill ould help things along. but, with my oatmeal and salads and whatnot, i MAY be overdoing it!

and thanks everyone else! i'll keep on trucking and things will work themselves out!!
  • heartshapdworld
    heartshapdworld Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I agree with a previous post about keeping a food diary. I am subject to terrible bloating, and it is quite uncomfortable. I know that they worse cases, for me, are trigger by certain foods like pearl barley (which I love), soup, restuarant food and not drinking enough water.

Good luck
  • lilmommy
    Options
    Totally feeling the same way. Sooooo bloated!! :(
  • Serenifly
    Serenifly Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Funny you mention this! I used to eat fiber 1 every morning ... the flake kind cuz it's 52% of my daily intake of fiber but damn the gas I got ... like I couldn't even hold it in!!!! even at work (and I work with 14 men!)

I stopped eating it and switched to Corn Bran ... and I'm fine now ... but yeah, it was bad!