It's true the number on the scales isn't everything...

Options
I measured my waist today and I had lost an inch, so I was really excited.

I had a quick look back at my other measurements - in 2011 I weighed 7lb less than I do right now, but my waist was 3 and a half inches bigger. Even when I weighed 16lb more when I first started, my waist was at least an inch smaller than it was then.

Just thought it was an interesting story to share for people who are getting demoralised by the number on the scales!

Replies

• independant2406
    independant2406 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. Congrats on your progress. Sometimes the measuring tape is so much more motivational than the scale!
  • Apothys28
    Apothys28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There ya go! Muscle weights more than fat. As you lose the fat and put on some muscle the scale wont budge but the results are still there!.
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Needed this reminder this morning. Yesterday a number showed up that I was so excited about! Today .. 2 pounds up. grrrrrrrrrrrr I HATE THE SCALE.
  • nyboer
    nyboer Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    That is AWESOME SAUCE. Thanks for the reminder. And 'grats on your successes! Woo-hoo!
  • nicola8989
    nicola8989 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody. And Jennifer - I know I hate the scale too!!! I have a similar thing at the minute, it's ridiculous you know you can't have gained 2lb in 24 hours, it's impossible, but it still makes you feel rubbish x
  • SlimMe37
    SlimMe37 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I need to remember this. Seeing 2lb up after being the same weight all week is annoying! Measurements are looking much better though ????
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I needed this. The scale has not moved in weeks! However, I am in my old jeans that I have not been able to wear since last year so I must have gotten smaller.

Congrats on your loss!