20 lbs lost in 3 months!

Options
This is my first time posting, though I've been using MFP on and off for about 5 years. I lost about 35 pounds after the birth of my second child 4 years ago. I let things go and gained some weight back, then got pregnant with my third baby (one year old today!). I somehow managed to GAIN weight after giving birth. I decided on her 9-month birthday back in June that I was going to make a change.

I started exercising every morning (which means getting up at 4:45 am since I am a working mom with a long commute), eating healthy (salads for lunch with healthy proteins like chicken or eggs), drinking lots of water, upping my fiber intake, cutting back on alcohol and snacks/candy/sweets, and using MFP to track my calories. I do ease up a bit on the weekends but I try to stick to it during the week.

Today,my baby's first birthday, marks 3 months since I started back on MFP, and I am so happy to report that I've lost 20 pounds! I still have a lot to go but this little success inspires me to keep trying and not give up. I'm also happy to report that some of my pants are too baggy now.

My next goal is to lose another 10 pounds by Christmas.

Thanks for letting me brag- no one in my real life has really noticed! I read the forums sometimes and everyone seems really supportive, so I thought I would share my good news with all of you.

Replies

• Yoles79
    Yoles79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Great job congrats I'm sure it wasn't easy but you did it. You will definitely lose the 10 pounds, I believe you can.
  • Breeli0519
    Breeli0519 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats! And happy birthday to your baby!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations ~ keep with it and I know you'll succeed (a goal set, is halfway met) :)
  • janicandi
    janicandi Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    That is amazing! Keep up the good work.
  • Juicer82
    Juicer82 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • NickyDiam
    NickyDiam Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done. Keep up the hard work and those 10 lbs WILL be gone by Christmas
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lass :-)
  • Runagain_4
    Runagain_4 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well done!!!! I also have to fit in a lot of exercise at 4:00 a.m. as a working mom, but the benefits far outweigh any negatives. Keep it up!
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    Well done!!
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! That's a fantastic achievement, keep the momentum going and you will definitely see another 10lb gone by Christmas :)
  • notskinnylizzy
    notskinnylizzy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! and well deserved, you worked hard for it!!:flowerforyou:
  • nhenryoliver
    nhenryoliver Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Amazing commitment and results. ????????????
  • dazwan
    dazwan Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I know what you mean about people not noticing. As long as YOU can tell, that's the important part.
  • KaitJennifer
    KaitJennifer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!! So motivating :)
  • 59gi
    59gi Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    This is a huge accomplishment - congratulations! And I know you'll meet your Christmas goal. Keep up the great work! :)
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    So, so proud of you. I am very glad you posted, because other moms need to see this. Though you didn't mention it, I'm sure that you now have more energy for your precious family. It takes such courage and conviction to get up and "JUST DO IT". You are reaping the benefits of your commitment. Moms need to know it is possible. I'm a grandmother and I needed to see your post. I, too, am finally back on track and it is time for me to up my game. Thanks and congratulations!
  • micheller57
    micheller57 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you! It is definitely not easy getting up early in the morning to work out, taking care of babies, and going to work afterwards. You have encouraged me to do a little bit better. Thank you for posting and keep up the fantastic work! Kudos to you!
  • bethanyll22
    bethanyll22 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement! I definitely want to lose more than 10 pounds, but that seemed like a reasonable goal by Christmas given the holidays coming up :-) Will power!! Hoping for a 30 lb loss by next April.
  • dlr165
    dlr165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Good job! Go you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!