At My Wits End

Options
Hi y'all. I've run with MFP before but never really used it for anything else, so I'm ready to try! I'm kinda going crazy and would love some feedback. I'm 5 feet and have been small for most of my life (98-108 lbs). I'm 28 now and over the last 5 or so years I've gained weight. Around that time, though, I went on some medication for anxiety that basically took away my appetite and I lost a ton of weight. Now I'm back up. I weigh 120. For the past two weeks I've been working really hard without being ridiculous. Lots of fruits and veggies, lean proteins, and usually a serving or two of quinoa or black beans. I've cut back on alcohol and don't drink much at all now. I've been eating smaller portions and even finished my lunch for dinner! (It was chicken and quinoa). I've started running again, doing C25K three times a week. Soooo....after all this hard work, THE SCALE DIDN'T BUDGE. I lost not one ounce, but I didn't gain anything either. I thought that going from eating a whole pizza in one sitting to doing what I'm doing with only a few minor hiccups (3 glass of champagne when I got engaged this week and some chips and dip on Saturday) I would at least lose a little. I normally lose pretty quickly. Any thoughts or help? I'm sure I just need to be patient, but should I keep doing what I'm doing or try something new?

Replies

• emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hang in there ....
  • kittycatz200
    Options
    If it was the first week, I would not worry so much and try to follow the calorie suggestions on your MFP. It seems like the first few pounds are usually water weight.
  • FitForL1fe
    FitForL1fe Posts: 1,872 Member
    Options
    9781452126883_p0_v1_s260x420.JPG
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    Yip, hang in there and maybe take measurements as well for comparison later.
    Scales tend to be the "enemy" at times....
  • ellie0213
    ellie0213 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Happy to lend support. Sometimes the scale is a liar. Make sure you are getting good and adequate nutrition: under eating will slow your metabolism. Add me if you'd like.

Congratulations on your engagement!