Does anyone here over 300lbs do Zumba?

Options
I (regrettably) weigh 358 right now. I started out at 371. I've been doing Zumba for a few weeks and I'm just looking for friends my size that do it too :)

Replies

• Lizshouse88
    Options
    hmmm, I guess I am on my own here?? I must be a freak of nature LOL
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Good for you doing the Zumba, just keep it up and you'll be seeing great results! I am at 255 lbs right now and I plan on getting the Zumba Party for Wii, it looks like fun and a great workout. Do you take classes or do the Wii or DVD's?
  • SLaw4215
    SLaw4215 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I am just starting out with Zumba Wii and am below 300 but feel free to add me if you like
  • Lizshouse88
    Options
    Good for you doing the Zumba, just keep it up and you'll be seeing great results! I am at 255 lbs right now and I plan on getting the Zumba Party for Wii, it looks like fun and a great workout. Do you take classes or do the Wii or DVD's?

I go to classes at the gym I am a member at. I go to Zumba 3x per week and I try to go one other day to do strength training / misc cardio stuff. So far seems to be working good! I am trying to burn 2,400 calories per week at the gym. With my size, Zumba burns about 700 calories per hour long class for me!
  • Lizshouse88
    Options
    I am still hoping to find some people my size that do Zumba, so
    bump!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I allllmost weigh 300; I'm at 230-something right now, but was at 250 when I started the group classes like jazzercise. :) I do zumba now though.
  • courtmars
    Options
    I just came across your question. Your'e not a freak of nature! I weigh about 440 lbs., and I go to Zumba 6 times a week. I love it! Are you still doing it?
  • JamieG8991
    JamieG8991 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I'm not the size you are looking for, but I do Zumba at the gym and on the Wii and I absolutely LOVE it!! There are women and men that are heavier that do Zumba at the gym where I go.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Yes. Just walking feels like the Zumba to me.
  • kmmcquay
    kmmcquay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I was at 235ish lbs and I started Zumba on Wii, I also took class and I bought the DVD from zumba.com - Zumba Exhilarate. I LOVE it and I lost a lot of weight because of it!! Just make sure you involve strength training! :)
  • tinamwilson
    Options
    I was 303 when I started doing Zumba and got down to 148. I fell away from good, healthy habits over the holdays so now I'm back up 15# so back to basics! Zumba works if you stick with it-for me it never felt like working out.
  • byfourme
    byfourme Posts: 1
    Options
    Currently weigh 317, just purchase the Zumba DVD's. Did you stick with it. How did you do. Any works of wisdom?
  • Ruafreak3801
    Options
    I am sitting at 290lbs and am scared to try Zumba but it sounds like so much fun and it is only $5 please add me always looking for more friends on this journey of weightloss and if u have a fitbit definitely add me :)
  • Leesespieces412
    Leesespieces412 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i'm about 285 right now and i just started zumba. i LOVE it!!!!
  • alishyapremock
    alishyapremock Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello, I know its been a while since anyone posted on here, but I just signed up for Zumba and I start on Monday.... I'm very nervous about it, and hoping that I am able to do it and stick to it!
  • dizy17
    dizy17 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    zumba is a fun way to work out. I rather dance for 60 minutes then be on a treadmill. its never boring!