Beach body.com question

Options
Is it a trustworthy site I found something that I'd like to get but I am not sure if it's safe to buy from?

Replies

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Its safe enough to purchase product.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Meh... I personally don't trust a site whose main goal is to sell you something under the guise of "helping" but to each their own.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    Right away, in on this one.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I bought one of their workout DVD programs and I started getting letters, emails and phone calls from a "coach" who was going to "help" me lose weight. They all pushed me to join their challenges and buy more products. I was hounded to buy Shakeology. I got another email from the "coach" the other day and I bought the program in 2009. The coach's profile shows she still looks the same as she did back then.

Depending on what you are looking to get from them I could probably help you find a cheaper alternative and I won't spend the next 5 years trying to sell you something.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I'd check to see if you can find it on Amazon. I've never purchased directly from them but have heard experiences similar to usmcmp's
  • Julesbait
    Julesbait Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'd check to see if you can find it on Amazon. I've never purchased directly from them but have heard experiences similar to usmcmp's

This. I'm pretty sure Amazon has most of the programs.
  • conidiring
    conidiring Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've purchased numerous programs from them. Have had no problems with "people hounding me" or anything. I like them. But I don't think that the Shakeology is necessary. And you have to be willing to commit to the workouts. They are expensive, you could probably find something cheaper. But I like the quality and variety...and no I'm not a coach or a salesperson or anything like that, just a user of their products.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Define 'safe'
  • roanokejoe49
    roanokejoe49 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    The site is safe. The programs are legit. The coaches are annoying as hell. Just buy the program, do the workouts, and tell the coaches to zark off.
    Also, if you buy the stuff on the site, you have access to other features like a great recipe database. If that kind of thing is important to you, then you might want to use the site.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    if your just wanting the workouts, id look on amazon. com , if your wanting their shakes or something monthly then id consider ordering from their site. and no, I don't take the stuff or sell it. just giving my 2 cents on the subject :)
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    The site is safe. The programs are legit. The coaches are annoying as hell. Just buy the program, do the workouts, and tell the coaches to zark off.
    This! I love the programs, don't use the shakes and ignore the "coaches"
  • THECaptainObvious
    THECaptainObvious Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    If you buy the DVDs it's fine if you are REALLY wanting to try it but I was a coach for about a month and honestly hated it. If you go thru someone to buy a program, make sure it's someone you want to be friends with. I think you can go coachless though. I was hounded to about the Shakeology.
  • onefortyone
    onefortyone Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I personally prefer to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight for the rest of my life for free. That said, the website's security credentials are verified, and the connection is secure. So your credit card information would appear to be safe if you order from them, yes.
  • roanokejoe49
    Options
    I've purchased numerous programs from them. Have had no problems with "people hounding me" or anything. I like them. But I don't think that the Shakeology is necessary. And you have to be willing to commit to the workouts. They are expensive, you could probably find something cheaper. But I like the quality and variety...and no I'm not a coach or a salesperson or anything like that, just a user of their products.

They aren't that expensive if you factor in that the workouts take the place of a gym membership. Plus, after you buy them, you own them for life.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I bought P90X directly from the beachbody website and was never spammed by advertisements or coaches. Surely you can choose to opt out of receiving email offers or updates when you sign up. The good thing I found about buying directly from beachbody was that they had a NQA lifetime replacement. After about a year my Legs and Back DVD started skipping and I was able to get a new one for free, no questions asked. Not sure if that is still offered though.
  • conidiring
    Options

They aren't that expensive if you factor in that the workouts take the place of a gym membership. Plus, after you buy them, you own them for life.

As a general lay out of money, yes they are a bit expensive. But they average about $10/a particular workout, not much different than buying something from Target, etc. I still have my gym memberships, so they don't "replace" them either. But, yes you do have them for life!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Even if you order them on Amazon, they still go through Beachbody.com. I would order through them before I would go on Ebay or Craigslist. They will replace damaged discs for free, though I do get bombarded with emails...so many emails to buy more stuff.
  • roanokejoe49
    Options

As a general lay out of money, yes they are a bit expensive. But they average about $10/a particular workout, not much different than buying something from Target, etc. I still have my gym memberships, so they don't "replace" them either. But, yes you do have them for life!

Dang, dude! If you are doing P90X or Insanity, what else do you do at the gym?!!

For most people, these workouts are plenty. I'm training for triathlon, so I need a pool. If I didn't, P90X3 is plenty for resistance training.
  • conidiring
    Options

Dang, dude! If you are doing P90X or Insanity, what else do you do at the gym?!!

For most people, these workouts are plenty. I'm training for triathlon, so I need a pool. If I didn't, P90X3 is plenty for resistance training.

Ha Ha. Naw, just like to spice things up a bit. Some gym, some Beachbody, some Spin, Bootcamp, Kickbox, etc. Variety is the spice of life! (Insanity, T25, P90X, P90X2, P90X3, Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, etc. etc....). Yes, I'm a bit insane!