NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Take 50. One is bound to be good.

That's how I roll! Except it's more like 99. :grumble:

This... also use a timer.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Adjust for lighting (with angle, usually). Hide your arm. My profile pic was a selfie, and it isn't terrible (IMO). Most of my selfies are in the wilderness... there are not other people to take a pic, so if I want to be in the shot, then it is a selfie.
  • Strange_magic
    Strange_magic Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    For every good selfie about 100 bad ones have to die.
  • Guns_N_Buns
    Guns_N_Buns Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    Selfies just seem so depressing to me. Like you don't have a friend to take a picture of (or with) you?
  • MikeCrazy
    MikeCrazy Posts: 2,716 Member
    Options
    Selfies just seem so depressing to me. Like you don't have a friend to take a picture of (or with) you?

This^^^

Unless you are taking nudes or something, but then again, that's just depressing that you wouldn't have someone to take them for or with you even then eh?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

Let's be clear: That I am alone does not mean I am lonely. Does nobody else enjoy solitude and wilderness, and want to take pictures of themselves in a beautiful place miles from any other person?
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    My best selfies are always the headless ones. True story.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    My best selfies are always the headless ones. True story.

Lies. Every picture of you is gorgeous.
  • TheSnarkasticSkyscraper
    Options
    Take 50. One is bound to be good.

That's how I roll! Except it's more like 99. :grumble:

QFT

Also, I use someone else's face.
  • parsonsk64
    parsonsk64 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Came across this, which cracks me up but I also, sadly agree with. This is the generation of the selfie, that's for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd7U3OYziHY
  • strong_er
    strong_er Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Bro Tip: Never rush a selfie.

Just remember, there's not a single thing you can do to create good lighting, you have to find it. But you won't ever find it. It will find you, because it's light. And when it finds you, you will know it. And when you know it, you take a selfie.

Steps for perfect swelfie:

Step 1: Inhale, flex your abs and hold your breath
    Step 2: Flex your lat into your non phone hand. This will make you appear wider and your arm appear bigger
    Step 3: Commence open hand flex of the arm. The absence of a first will achieve that natural, "I swear I'm not flexing" look.
    Step 4: Bring the phone up in a slow hammer curl motion. Initiate arm flex.
    Step 4...Step 5: Engage chest muscles. Maintain all other muscles in flex position.
    Step 6: Activate hard face. Look concerned. Think RoboCop. Stare at the phone, never in the mirror.
    Step 7: Frame up the shot, steady the phone, and prepare for art.

v6hojm.jpg

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FarGT40V8tc
  • baba_helly
    baba_helly Posts: 810 Member
    Options

I hate people and my cat doesn't have opposable thumbs
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Personally I find my phone to be extremely photogenic.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Bro Tip: Never rush a selfie.

Just remember, there's not a single thing you can do to create good lighting, you have to find it. But you won't ever find it. It will find you, because it's light. And when it finds you, you will know it. And when you know it, you take a selfie.

Steps for perfect swelfie:

Step 1: Inhale, flex your abs and hold your breath
    Step 2: Flex your lat into your non phone hand. This will make you appear wider and your arm appear bigger
    Step 3: Commence open hand flex of the arm. The absence of a first will achieve that natural, "I swear I'm not flexing" look.
    Step 4: Bring the phone up in a slow hammer curl motion. Initiate arm flex.
    Step 4...Step 5: Engage chest muscles. Maintain all other muscles in flex position.
    Step 6: Activate hard face. Look concerned. Think RoboCop. Stare at the phone, never in the mirror.
    Step 7: Frame up the shot, steady the phone, and prepare for art.

v6hojm.jpg

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FarGT40V8tc

*bro-fist*
  • Dansk_USA
    Dansk_USA Posts: 32 Member
    Options

This^^^

Unless you are taking nudes or something, but then again, that's just depressing that you wouldn't have someone to take them for or with you even then eh?

Not so depressing! Some of us are usually the ones taking the pics, or we don't have shots from our friends phones/camera available. If my husband wants nude pics, he can take them himself, so I really don't need to be alone for that either :)
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options

my mom never wants to hang out wtih me and take pictures with me so