cant start diet!!

Options
I lost 60 pounds already, but i just cant start again.. i just keep eating and am so scared of gaining it back.. need some motivation!!

Replies

• stacyjh1979
    stacyjh1979 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the pants you wore 60lbs ago...that should be motivation enough. At least it would be for me.

ETA: The key is not to stop so you don't have to start again. It's always easier to keep going with good habits than to revert back to old habits and then try to start again. I find every time I've started over it's been harder than the previous time. It has to be a lifestyle change. Change things you can stick with so you don't have to start and stop. Best wishes.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Decide if you wan to be as you were, or as you are.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    We can't give you motivation. That has to come from you.

You can. You just have to decide if you will.

You want to do the work of losing or you don't. Choose what you want and then do that thing.

And for the love of God, be happy with whatever you choose! :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Its up to you. You are your only obstacle!!
  • GreatGuy07
    GreatGuy07 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Focus on the solution, not the problem You'll start then
  • SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Your motivation should be your life--the rest of it. How do you want to live it? Sick or healthy? Only you can make that choice. Then think about the people you love--that should motivate you, too. Being around for all the amazing things life offers. Making friends here along the way will help you stay motivated as you align yourself with positive people trying to do the same thing you are doing--take charge of their lives. I wish you luck and blessings in your journey!!! ~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to start a DIEt ?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Don't start diet!!!!
    Simply, eat at a small deficit. When you see that all is well, eat at a slightly larger deficit.
    Rinse, repeat until you're losing 1 pound a week!
    You got this!
  • KristyMayhem331
    KristyMayhem331 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Why would you want to start a DIEt ?

^^ This! Diets are no fun! Change the way you look at it! I do not consider a healthy lifestyle change as a diet. I still eat what I want but in moderation and I watch my portions and I find myself making healthier swaps because I want to not because a diet tells me I have to.

Best of luck to you on your journey!
  • lolamoreno12345
    Options
    Take a look at the pants you wore 60lbs ago...that should be motivation enough. At least it would be for me.

ETA: The key is not to stop so you don't have to start again. It's always easier to keep going with good habits than to revert back to old habits and then try to start again. I find every time I've started over it's been harder than the previous time. It has to be a lifestyle change. Change things you can stick with so you don't have to start and stop. Best wishes.

Thanks.. this really helped.. I got this!!
  • lolamoreno12345
    Options
    :)
  • Snip8241
    Snip8241 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I was going to say that pictures are very powerful. Maybe look at a before picture, and a picture when you were 60 pounds down. Put them up so you see them all the time.
  • pholbert
    pholbert Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Good for you, you found the answer!