Help - I need discipline

Options
2»

Replies

• Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    what the **** is going on in this thread...
  • rebolaugh
    rebolaugh Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I just reported the offensive posts to the moderators (my first time doing so on MFP). This is the weirdest thread I've ever read on here.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    I'm dissapointed
  • rebolaugh
    Options
    Wow, and they're gone! That was fast!
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    what the **** is going on in this thread...

Danny...someone is looking for others to teach them self discipline....someone said something about women being barefoot in the kitchen or along those lines anyway and now there is the butthurt!
  • rebolaugh
    Options
    My issue was actually more with the sexually explicit (and extremely offensive) post.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but that statement is just mean. Women are loving and kind. Not because it's "knowing their place" it is because it's our nature. If women are kind to you then they deserve the same in return. Very odd statement and it has nothing to do with being supportive.

Honey I'm a woman and I am definitely not loving and kind by nature. Just saying. I know my place. It's wherever I choose to be.

Annnnnnnnyywaaaayyy. This thread is all kinds of weird. I'm not really sure what's happening so to the OP:

Discipline comes from within. For me, what helped was setting weekly goals. A long term goal can get lost in the shuffle of doing well but if I have a bunch of short term goals to hit back to back I tend to stay on track better.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Did someone say that they needed discipline?

5d2xdt.jpg
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Log your calories every day. when you hit your limit stop eating.

I think i arrived after the controversial bit....

I find logging the calories helps me reassert where I am each day , the amount I have consumed and I then try to pace it through the day. Trying to keep really focused helps me combat binge thoughts. Sometimes if I am really not getting it then I type out the message and the logiv/reason of it and stick it up on the wall as a reminder.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    abandon_2605fc_2546917.gif
  • DevSanchez
    DevSanchez Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

GREAT ADVICE! USE GRIME AND LIME AND YOU'LL GET IT DONE IN HALF THE TIME!
    CLEAN THOSE STUBBORN STAINS AND STINKING DRAINS FORGET ABOUT THOSE HUNGER PAINS!
    THERE'S NO THINKING ABOUT CAKES WHEN YOU'RE CLEANING PLATES!

BARRY SCOTT
    [/quote]\

Haha love it!
  • marthalgutierrez92
    Options
    Yeah, the controversy started when a man stated
    something along the lines of

" I'm glad women know their place and there's not a lot of feminists on here. They do what they're told, and marry who they're told to marry"
  • mimibee85
    Options
    I have the same issue!! Thanks for the advice!!
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Serious answer:

You may have a compulsive eating disorder. Seek professional help.

Also...in for the lime and the grime TYVM Barry Scott :flowerforyou:
  • Calren2
    Options
    Getting back to the topic at hand while the mods keep the thread cleaned up...
    I need help! When ever I notice that I have lost weight, I mean even if its just like an inch around my waist, I tend to over eat and I try hard not to! Can someone give me advice on how I can stop this horrible habit?

It always happens whenever I notice that my stomach has gotten smaller or if I feel different. I don't know if that makes any since but I hope it helps.

Welcome DamieD! As it's been said, disciple is going to come from you. We can however give you some advice. Do you workout? If not, that'd be a starting point. Even walking 20 minutes 3 times a week would be great as it would begin to build discipline and commitment to change. It's preferable that you don't eat all of the calories you burn off back but if you're just beginning to try to make changes it can help act as a buffer while you are building healthy habits. Something that works for me is looking at a nutrition label for something I'm craving, be it candy, a soda, or whatever, and figuring up roughly how long I would need to workout to burn it back off. I haven't cut out sweets from my diet entirely, but by weighing the choice in my head it keeps me from over-indulging while allowing me to be okay with having a little treat now and then.

Most of us would be more than happy to help with tips and advice, just ask.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    The statement I just made was a response I read from the man who said "I'm glad the women on here know their place". No one else.
    I think we have trolls in here