going out for a curry

Options
Whats the best thing to order when bein forced to an indian restaurant??
I usually have loadssss so never really thought abot this myself before lol :(
Thanks in advance :D

Replies

• LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Yummy! I want to be forced out for Indian! :smile: I like chicken masala. And other things that I don't know the name form. :laugh:
  • vegncake
    vegncake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I always get channa masala, with coconut cream, no cow cream. keep it easy on the rice. a lot of calories go into that and less taste. don't eat the bread.
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Chicken Tikka Masala is lovely but if you're going for the healthy option then I'd suggest a dish that isn't creamy (like the masalas) such as a Biryani or a Rezala perhaps and stay away from the tasty Naan breads! Peshwari and Keema are pretty bad for you despite being awesome so if you have to have one stick with Plain!

That or you could just get the Chicken Tikka Sizzlers, the spicy chicken with no sauce but that's a bit dull!
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    Ah thankyou
    Pashwari and keema my fave!!!!! I usually have a madras, but cant have a curry without bread noway!
    Looks like chicken skewer things... :(

How abot tandoori chicken starter on the bone?
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    I need low cal as only have about 500 cal left for today :(
  • Don007
    Don007 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Lol most of the indian foods are around 800 - 1500 calories per 1 order excluding the naan

so its not a healthy option but if you have to eat then

Go for a ROTI instead of naan
    and go for non creamy or non paneer curries.

Cabbage masala or Saag or Chicken Saag or chicken curry are good alternatives

Dont eat any kormas or masalas or paneers

Dont eat biryani either as it has ton of oil

Hope that helps.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I don't have any suggestions because I don't know the typical calorie count in indian food, I just know it's amazing. So just here to say have fun, if you can watch your calories then do so, if you go over don't fret about it :] You can always shave some calories off the next few days to make up for it.
  • MrsBooBear
    MrsBooBear Posts: 12,619 Member
    Options
    Tandoori salmon or chicken(dry cooked in a tandoor) with a veg curry. Stay away from the breads if possible.

Love,love,love curry!

Enjoy!
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I need low cal as only have about 500 cal left for today :(

Do what I do and eat sensible portions of what you like, then balance it out over the next couple of days with extra exercise...
  • jporter1183
    jporter1183 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend Chicken Tikka or a similar dish that is cooked in the tandoori oven versus anything in a sauce. Avoid the naan bread and rice and you will be fine! Also get a veggie side that isn't in a creamy sauce as well. Or you can eat what you want within sensible portions and just get back into your routine tomorrow. Either way you will be fine!
  • kaatiee92
    Options
    Thanks for all the help guys, had my indian, had a tandoori chicken starter with salad and abit of mint sauce.
    Ususally wouldnt touch the side, i usually have starters popadoms naan and curry but noooo...
    Was extra good and im actually really satisfied :) LOVE IT...

Still doubt was within my left over calorie limit :( dunno what to add to my diary, was only 1 breast piece ?
    Any Ideas?

But yeah thanks for all advice, i love chicken saag so maybe have that next time :) Must tell my Mother dearest i can not have indians with her anymore though lol...

Kate x
  • lewispwest
    lewispwest Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I'd say write the day off. You've eaten it now, don't torture yourself over the logging, just move on to the next day :smile:
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I had a massive Indian meal and loads of beer last Sunday, by Thursday I'd lost a kilo from the week befores weigh in. The body works in misterious ways!.