Ladies-This is about the pill

Options
kefryar
kefryar Posts: 77 Member
Actually, this is about when you stop the pill.
I know that no one is a doctor, I'm not asking for medical advice.
I'd like to know if any of you (ex) birth control pill takers have experienced anything similar.

I stopped taking it the beginning of this month after finishing my pack. Had a normal 7 day long period on time.
Everything was normal until last saturday. All of a sudden, I had literally no energy, brain fog and so tired I wanted to pass out.
On monday, the smell of coffee made me want to throw up. Since then, I've been nauseous with pretty much no appetite. The thought of eating certain foods grosses me out, as do smells.
Yesterday the mood swings started and I just cried at work for literally no reason. I got at least 7 hours of sleep last night and It's still hard to keep my eyes open.
I spotted maybe one spot yesterday and today but my period isn't due for over a week.

The point in this post is, have any of you experienced this after going off of hormonal birth control? I'm sure it's just my body trying to adjust but I literally feel like someone ran me over with a truck.

PS: I eat enough, am a healthy weight, don't have any health conditions other than migraines and anxiety (which I take medication for, not downers), drink at least 12 glasses of water a day, exercise often, and get at least 7 hours of sleep a night.
I'm pretty sure this is hormonal since I've never felt like this in my life.

Thanks for any feedback

Replies

• JojoW8183
    JojoW8183 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Hormones dear. Your hormone levels are readjusting since you're no longer on the pill. It should go away by the time your next cycle comes along.
  • kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hormones dear. Your hormone levels are readjusting since you're no longer on the pill. It should go away by the time your next cycle comes along.

This has sealed the deal on my decision to never have kids. Dear god. Mothers, bless you.
  • Staceyo1991
    Options
    That sounds like PMS, what you get before a period. I have it all the time.

I was also on the pill in July- October and went off it due to blood clots.

I had the same symptoms as you it is just your hormones going all over the place before it goes back to normal. Some people get it, some people don't...unlucky for us.
  • VelveteenArabian
    VelveteenArabian Posts: 758 Member
    Options

This has sealed the deal on my decision to never have kids. Dear god. Mothers, bless you.

It sealed the deal on me to opt out of having a period and to never have kids!