Hi everybody!

Options
Bad food choices, steroids for my back ( which was fixed by surgery), lack of exercise(by choice) have led me to be much more than I want to be. I decided not to diet but to do a lifestyle change for good. I choose what to eat but in moderation. Instead of quickie junk food I'm trying to eat healthier by choice. I have set a goal of losing 150 pounds which would bring me to 250. I would appreciate any help and encouragement. The hardest thing for me is giving up sweets- working nights I have often used honey buns, candy bars etc. as a pick me up and stimulant. I've started cutting back but still working on snack cravings with healthy snacks.
I admit to being a little worried on maintaining at work - 12 hour shifts and eating every 3 hours is going to take planning. Any help and encouragement is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• SerendipitySkye
    SerendipitySkye Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Skye. It is nice to meet you. I think a lifestyle change is so much smarter than a diet; so you are off to a great start. Bringing fruit with you and even a salad that you prepared at home (or cut up vegetables) will help you during your shift. Instead of turning to junk.

If you would like to add me, I would love to encourage you along the way! We are in this together here; that is why I love MFP so much!!

~Skye :flowerforyou:
  • gsnobel
    gsnobel Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do this you took the first step by coming here. Once it becomes a habit it gets easier , instead of bad choices make the right choice do it often enough and you will be well on your way. Send a friend request if you like.