Best after workout food

Options
What do you guys eat for protein after you are done with a workout? Is it shakes? protein powder? :tongue:

Replies

• livetolift97
    Options
    Right now since I'm in my cutting phase, I take 2 scoops of zero carb isopure protein. Many people think I'm crazy for this because, I don't eat carbs after my workout until the next day, but it works great for me. When I was bulking up, I would have a high glycemic food such as pineapple or banana, about 10-15 minutes later I would take in a shake.
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is almost always the same: Scoop of protein powder in 1 cup of either non skim milk (either 2% or whole usually) or almond milk depending on my current goals. A high fiber bagel or a non fat free yogurt. One serving of peanut butter. If I have the yogurt, I mix the PB and the yogurt together. It's amazing.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Usually after I work out, I have a smoothie with vegan protein powder, almond milk, frozen banana, Protein Plus Peanut Flour, and a touch of unsweetened cocoa. So good!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Ice cream....

Get your necessary protein throughout the day and eat whatever you like after your work out