Have you ever refused to give someone a ride?

Options
Tanie98
Tanie98 Posts: 675 Member
I refused to give a co worker a ride home few days ago and today when she saw me she didn't say hi to me.There was definitely some tension between us .The reason why I refused to give her a lift home is she started expecting me to drive her every time we worked the same shift.

I would help someone if they are stuck or if it's emergency but I hate doing it regulary.I don't want to be responsible for someone else transportion.I also find it relaxing being alone in my car .

So have you ever refused to give someone a ride ? Did that person stopped taking to you?

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Yeah, she had a humpback
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    Options
    If she paid you at least that would be better.

I wouldn't bother feeling bad about it. It's her problem for not being a responsible adult and either finding proper transport or asking politely if you would be interested in a carpool.
  • KaterinaTerese
    KaterinaTerese Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    :wink:
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    I refused to give a co worker a ride home few days ago and today when she saw me she didn't say hi to me.There was definitely some tension between us .The reason why I refused to give her a lift home is she started expecting me to drive her every time we worked the same shift.

I would help someone if they are stuck or if it's emergency but I hate doing it regulary.I don't want to be responsible for someone else transportion.I also find it relaxing being alone in my car .

So have you ever refused to give someone a ride ? Did that person stopped taking to you?

Is she like Sheldon? (Big Bang) I had a lady do that to me awhile back - did it twice, then she Velcro'd herself to someone else who became her taxi. I left before the taxi service woman quit - not sure who is doing it now..
  • Tanie98
    Options
    If she paid you at least that would be better.

I wouldn't bother feeling bad about it. It's her problem for not being a responsible adult and either finding proper transport or asking politely if you would be interested in a carpool.

She takes public transportion so its not like she has no way of getting home. I used to a bus to for years before I had my car
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options

Do you work with my Ex?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    I feel like I've read this thread before.....
  • Tallawah_
    Tallawah_ Posts: 2,471 Member
    Options
    Oooooh tricky! I've had to be pretty evasive at times! LOL!

What reason did you give her?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Were you the same one who made the ride thread awhile back? like a month or so?
  • FrozenSongBird
    FrozenSongBird Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options

De ja vu 2
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

In the other thread I beleive she was claiming to not want to ever have to give anyone a ride. If this is the same person she has aparently gone ahead and given in and is now on the hook for either giving the ride or hate stares.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,643 Member
    Options
    I throw food at hitchhikers all the time
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

In the other thread I beleive she was claiming to not want to ever have to give anyone a ride. If this is the same person she has aparently gone ahead and given in and is now on the hook for either giving the ride or hate stares.

I knew it sounded familiar.
  • melissay28
    melissay28 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I had a co-worker ask me to give her a ride home because her taxi driver wasn't available. I was 19 at the time and me thinking taxi = $$$ to go far she wouldn't live far away from work. She told me "close to downtown". Downtown was only about 10 minutes drive past my house & I had no other plans so I said yes. Not only did I have to wait for her to finish her grocery shopping, we get in the car & she starts asking me do I know where xyz place is at. I start putting 2 & 2 together and realized that she lives on the OTHER side of downtown. Not only did I go the "long way" to her house but I was going probably another 15-20 minutes past where I was thinking I would be going! I finally dropped her off and headed home, in rush out traffic at this point. My normally 10-15 minute drive home took more like an hour and a half. She didn't offer gas money either! She asked me again a couple weeks later & I told her no, I had plans. She didn't ask anymore after that. I still don't know how she could afford to take a taxi back and forth to work everyday on walmart cashier salary! I'm sure it was a good 20 miles each way from her house to work!

After that I always asked questions before agreeing to rides! I don't mind helping if someone needs it but I also don't like being taken advantage of either!
  • Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • Tanie98
    Options
    I had a co-worker ask me to give her a ride home because her taxi driver wasn't available. I was 19 at the time and me thinking taxi = $$$ to go far she wouldn't live far away from work. She told me "close to downtown". Downtown was only about 10 minutes drive past my house & I had no other plans so I said yes. Not only did I have to wait for her to finish her grocery shopping, we get in the car & she starts asking me do I know where xyz place is at. I start putting 2 & 2 together and realized that she lives on the OTHER side of downtown. Not only did I go the "long way" to her house but I was going probably another 15-20 minutes past where I was thinking I would be going! I finally dropped her off and headed home, in rush out traffic at this point. My normally 10-15 minute drive home took more like an hour and a half. She didn't offer gas money either! She asked me again a couple weeks later & I told her no, I had plans. She didn't ask anymore after that. I still don't know how she could afford to take a taxi back and forth to work everyday on walmart cashier salary! I'm sure it was a good 20 miles each way from her house to work!

After that I always asked questions before agreeing to rides! I don't mind helping if someone needs it but I also don't like being taken advantage of either!

Its not good anymore once it becomes an expected gesture
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I personally wouldn't mind doing it if we worked the same hours and if it was on my way. But maybe that's just me.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Yes, but in a different way. I used to go out with a guy who expected me to drive every single time we went out so he could drink. That got old really fast.
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options

I knew it sounded familiar.

yep I was thinking the same thing
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Yes, but in a different way. I used to go out with a guy who expected me to drive every single time we went out so he could drink. That got old really fast.

I dated some of those guys