Mini Elliptical and Mini Side Stepper

deannasw
deannasw Posts: 47
edited September 23 in Fitness and Exercise
I currently have an AIR STEPPER (the red and black step thing made of plastic) and have been using it for 3 years now. I am on my 2nd one and the hubby is not liking how it leans to one side when in use.

I have been investigating other QUIET options that are small. The Stamina 55-1610 InMotion E1000 Elliptical Trainer and the Low-Impact Aerobic Side Stepper seem to be my best bets.

Has anyone used either and what are your thoughts?

My main reason for wanting things like this is if the equipment is staring at me, I use it. But the equipment cannot be BIG and bulky. I do not have any room for stuff you find in a gym. I have a total gym that I have to use in the bathroom because there is NO ROOM for it anyplace else in the house/it is stored int he closet on non-workout days. I like something I can use while standing behind the couch watching tv.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Replies

• mommy2two07
    mommy2two07 Posts: 128 Member
    Sorry I don't have any advice on any of those, but I do know how you feel.....I have a stationary bike and if I had room for it in the living room I am sure I would use it more.
  • I was unable to find either of these at the local ****'s. Instead I picked up the Mini Stepper by Marcy. It is kicking my butt. It is quiet and can easily be moved into a corner out of the way.

I used to be able to do about 4000 steps in 30 mins on the old thing, by the end of 30 mins now I am lucky to break 2300. But, I am feeling the effects more on the new machine.

I may still look for the elliptical to be able to mix it up.
  • amyannelle
    amyannelle Posts: 1 Member
    I think that red and black plastic thing was evil and deceptive. I am glad you have a "safer" option now! And I believe ellipticals are great for calorie burn--am thinking of adding one to my house too, so maybe we need to go elliptical shopping together soon! Man, how our interests have evolved...
This discussion has been closed.