You are my witnesses

Options
*wave* Hi. Been a long time since I posted on these boards, thought I've been a faithful MFP user for 2 and a half years. (Seriously, check out my log in streak!)

I lost (most) of the weight I wanted to lose, and even better, I've managed to maintain (ish) the loss. However, my goal was always to just be in better shape.

For a couple years, I ran, I lifted weights, I felt pretty darned good about myself. Then this past year, I got sick. It's a really long story, involving messed up thyroid meds, misdiagnosis, and an entire lost summer treating a condition I didn't actually have. The good news is, we know what was wrong now, and it's being treated, and I feel SO much better.

But I just can't seem to get back to working out. When I was sick, I barely had the energy to cook dinner every night, I let the housework slide, I did NOTHING because I just couldn't make myself move. In the midst of all that, I also changed jobs, and I work later hours now. My usual workout time was 5-6, after I got home at 4:30, now I don't get home to almost 6 some nights.

I keep saying, do something for half an hour in the morning. Do something on a weekend, when you have plenty of time. Just DO something. Nada.

So, here and now, I am saying that starting tomorrow morning (Saturday, 9/27), I will get up at 8 am and I will go for a 3 mile walk around my neighborhood. I might even run a little. And on Sunday, I'll do it again. And after those two days, I'll see what I can come up with next.

You're my witnesses. Don't be afraid to get onto me if I don't do it.

Replies

• Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Enjoy the walk. The leaves are gorgeous by me. I had a small flood in my house and will be doing major cleaning on Saturday but maybe I can go walking on Sunday and we can compare notes. :flowerforyou:
  • tasmin21
    tasmin21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I will hold you to that. It's a date for Sunday.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I will be sending you a direct message tomorrow asking how your walk was! :)
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I ain't sayin nothin
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to get onto me if I don't do it.

This isn't a dating site.
  • dMonster01
    dMonster01 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to get onto me

tumblr_msh348C86X1rhmj9uo1_400.gif
  • jenmom2myboys
    jenmom2myboys Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just started back the past 3 days after not working out for a month and a half due to surgery and anemia from hemorraging. You can do this. We can do it together. add me as a friend. I gained 8lbs and I am getting it off come hell or high water.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    nike-witness.jpg
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    im-watching-you-o.gif
  • redscylla
    redscylla Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Alright, Tas. I'm watching you. ;)
  • tasmin21
    Options
    Alright, Tas. I'm watching you. ;)

The scary thing is, you actually live close enough that you could be peeping in my windows. *goes to look*
  • tasmin21
    Options
    So, I was so excited thinking about going for a walk/run tomorrow, that I decided to go tonight! Even got my kiddo to go with me. So that's about 2 miles under my belt, 40 minutes or so.

I can't wait to go again tomorrow morning.
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    So, I was so excited thinking about going for a walk/run tomorrow, that I decided to go tonight! Even got my kiddo to go with me. So that's about 2 miles under my belt, 40 minutes or so.

I can't wait to go again tomorrow morning.

Thats awesome! Will be doing a walk with you in spirit tomorrow morning~~or if my trainer has an opening i will do that instead.
  • tasmin21
    Options
    And 2 miles first thing this morning! Was hoping for 4 (two laps) but the new hill I've added to my old route may kill me. Gonna have to work up to 2 of those.
  • mrsbadkarma
    mrsbadkarma Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    And 2 miles first thing this morning! Was hoping for 4 (two laps) but the new hill I've added to my old route may kill me. Gonna have to work up to 2 of those.

Way to go! :drinker:
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options

Still awesome! I got my lap around the neighborhood done, and the hills in mine are killing me too. Hang in there!
  • tasmin21
    Options
    Got my 2 miles in for today too!

It feels so darned GOOD!

Now, to figure out the work week.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Got my 2 miles in for today too!

It feels so darned GOOD!

Now, to figure out the work week.

Great! I didn't get a walk in but I was hauling around 40 pound bags of sand and 25 pound bags of rocks and racking for about an hour and a half. My thighs and arms are a bit sore this morning but it felt good to be out there working.