First post, down 67lbs

Options
Well I have been using myfitnesspal since Feb. I went to the Dr. and I was told I finally hit the diabetic level. Scare of this I decided to do something about it. 3 months later i lost ~30lbs. My A1C is back to normal, cholesterol is normal, and my fitness level is the best it has been since I left the Army back in 1994. I have lost a total of 67lbs since Feb, I have started running and hiking. I do have weak moments, but I have learned to not let them define me. I get right back on track and try and keep a positive attitude. I still have 28 lbs to go to reach my goal weight by Christmas. I am confident that I will make it! :) Good luck everybody, just thought I would share.

Replies

• tifftwoten
    tifftwoten Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's incredible. 67 pounds is an incredible achievement!
  • melissa968
    melissa968 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! 67 pounds is awesome! Keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll have no problem meeting your goal :)
  • mrogers52
    mrogers52 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done!
  • avril2626
    avril2626 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You have a great attitude on how to handle a small setback. I'm confident you will hit your goal by Christmas, too. Nice job!
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    And thank you for your service!
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    Well I have been using myfitnesspal since Feb. I went to the Dr. and I was told I finally hit the diabetic level. Scare of this I decided to do something about it. 3 months later i lost ~30lbs. My A1C is back to normal, cholesterol is normal, and my fitness level is the best it has been since I left the Army back in 1994. I have lost a total of 67lbs since Feb, I have started running and hiking. I do have weak moments, but I have learned to not let them define me. I get right back on track and try and keep a positive attitude. I still have 28 lbs to go to reach my goal weight by Christmas. I am confident that I will make it! :) Good luck everybody, just thought I would share.

I'm not surprised that you have been so successful losing weight because you have a "winning" attitude. Thank you for sharing.
  • thin4me59
    Options
    First off, thank you for your service!
    2nd -way to go! Congratulations!