FOOD!!!

Options
ok heres my topic.....I love being active, I love being healthy, I actually enjoy going to the gym and I really really really REALLY want a gorgeous fit and toned body, that I have worked hard for BUT I am completely in love with food! I love it so much, always have and probably always will!! most people have a weakness for sweet OR savoury....

My loves are:

Cheese
pasta
mayo
sausage
bread
bagels
pizza
chocolate
cake
cupcakes
krispy kremes
ben and jerrys
pancakes
muffins

(ok made myself hungry writing that list :/)

but my point is I LOVE BOTH!!!!!

sigh!!!! I really want a gorgeous body but I completely love food. I sadly use it as comfort and get crabby when I cant have it! when I am being healthy and eating small 6 meals a day I am honestly just looking at the clock and counting down the minutes till my next meal....sad but true! lol.

We all have vices....mine for sure is food!!!! but this time I really cannot let it get in the way of getting what I want!

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Then don't eat 6 meals a day. Eat in a way that works for you and stay within your respective calorie goals. It's really that simple. I love ice cream, pizza, chips. ... I fit them into my day ;P I meet my nutrient requirement for health and fill in the rest with fun. You can totally have a gorgeous body and love food!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/925464-fitting-it-in-giggity
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    I eat all of those things (except for mayo) and my body is gorgeous, if I do say so myself.
  • emmabanks87
    emmabanks87 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Then don't eat 6 meals a day. Eat in a way that works for you and stay within your respective calorie goals. It's really that simple. I love ice cream, pizza, chips. ... I fit them into my day ;P I meet my nutrient requirement for health and fill in the rest with fun. You can totally have a gorgeous body and love food!

I like eating 6 small meals a day, I couldnt go back to eating 3 meals a day it does fit well for me. my problem is im either all or nothing! when i good, im amazing....but im bad im just plain bad!!! lol :)
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options

I like eating 6 small meals a day, I couldnt go back to eating 3 meals a day it does fit well for me. my problem is im either all or nothing! when i good, im amazing....but im bad im just plain bad!!! lol :)

Oh, I see! I was under the impression the 6 meals a day was leaving you hungry. That was the reason I mentioned that :P
  • emmabanks87
    Options
    I eat all of those things (except for mayo) and my body is gorgeous, if I do say so myself.

I do but I try so hard not to binge on them. I honestly feel like if I look at a donut I put on a pound! im super mega jealous of my friend who thinks im crazy for being obssessed with losing weight, she can eat whatever she wants, whenever she wants and looks amazing!!! life is cruel!!! lol
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    Maybe you need to reassess your view of foods. Clearly, your friend isn't a mutant. They are able to "eat whatever they want" because you only see them for X amount of time. I'm a social eater. I eat more when I'm around people. I eat quite a bit but I'm also decently active. It comes down to calories in vs out
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You say that you use it as a comfort... which means you don't love food, you love the way eating these partial foods makes you feel. It's called emotional eating.

I've been using this phrase (which has helped me a lot in my emotional eating) "What do you really need?" When I go to grab a block of cheese (that's right, a block!), I asked "Are you really hungry? What do you really need?" Most of the time the answer is "No, I want a hug." Or "No, I want to not be stressed out."

If you can think about WHY you're eating bad if it's strictly for comfort, you may be able to help curb those "bad" eating sessions.

(Just based on personal experience and what I understood from your OP.)
  • berkayaliulker
    Options
    Cheese - have low fat cheese instead
    pasta - buy dr zaks protein pasta
    mayo -buy light mayo or use mustard instead
    sausage -- protein=gains.
    bread -buy protein bread
    pizza -eat cauliflower pizza instead
    ben and jerrys - make your own protein ice cream
    pancakes -make protein pancakes
    muffins - protein muffins
  • emmabanks87
    Options
    Maybe you need to reassess your view of foods. Clearly, your friend isn't a mutant. They are able to "eat whatever they want" because you only see them for X amount of time. I'm a social eater. I eat more when I'm around people. I eat quite a bit but I'm also decently active. It comes down to calories in vs out

no no, I lived with the girl for a few months and no joke....she used to eat boxes of biscuits and chocolates at a time. honestly she would go through packets and packets of sweets. I suppose in the long run its not healthy as fat isnt always on the outside. but i wish I could just have the odd day where I could get away with doing that! lol
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    bread -buy protein bread

no
  • berkayaliulker
    Options
    bread -buy protein bread

no

why not? it's gains
  • emmabanks87
    Options
    bread -buy protein bread

Thanks. yeah I always try and find healthier choices (ever heard of protein POW'der? great website choc full of all kinds of protein based recipes) but sometimes I just crave the full fat. original versions of those things :(
  • berkayaliulker
    Options
    bread -buy protein bread

Thanks. yeah I always try and find healthier choices (ever heard of protein POW'der? great website choc full of all kinds of protein based recipes) but sometimes I just crave the full fat. original versions of those things :(

you can always try fit them in to your macros ;)
  • emmabanks87
    Options
    You say that you use it as a comfort... which means you don't love food, you love the way eating these partial foods makes you feel. It's called emotional eating.

I've been using this phrase (which has helped me a lot in my emotional eating) "What do you really need?" When I go to grab a block of cheese (that's right, a block!), I asked "Are you really hungry? What do you really need?" Most of the time the answer is "No, I want a hug." Or "No, I want to not be stressed out."

If you can think about WHY you're eating bad if it's strictly for comfort, you may be able to help curb those "bad" eating sessions.

(Just based on personal experience and what I understood from your OP.)

yeah, at times I eat more when stressed or down but I also love the whole social side of eating. going out to eat or ordering a greasy takeaway with the bf. I really enjoy it and makes me happy! lol
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    tumblr_inline_na43k1oPOt1sobm08.jpg
  • emmabanks87
    Options

Oh, I see! I was under the impression the 6 meals a day was leaving you hungry. That was the reason I mentioned that :P

lol no....omg I could eat freaking 8 small meals a day and still be hungry!! i just love eating food!! for me its fun and yummy. which is why im getting to the gym more often now!! :)
  • emmabanks87
    Options
    tumblr_inline_na43k1oPOt1sobm08.jpg

Haha story of my life!! more more more!!
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of foods you love. Just watch your quantities. Log everything and stay under calories and you can do great things. Good Luck

29509743.png
  • emmabanks87
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself of foods you love. Just watch your quantities. Log everything and stay under calories and you can do great things. Good Luck

29509743.png

• BombshellPhoenix
    Options

lol no....omg I could eat freaking 8 small meals a day and still be hungry!! i just love eating food!! for me its fun and yummy. which is why im getting to the gym more often now!! :)

I was just thinking larger meals might leave you more satiated and less likely to still be hungry over and over in an endless loop. In the least, incorporating low calorie nutrient dense foods would help keep you fuller and satiated longer, oatmeal, fruit, vegetables, lean meats, nuts, peanut butter, Greek yogurts. Just kind of experimenting with taming your hunger