Garcinia and Garcinia Cleanse

Options
I was wondering is there anyone out there that has used this and how did it work for them? http://www.menslifeandhealthus.com/chris-pratts-secret-to-getting-super-ripped/

Replies

• losangels
    losangels Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I haven't done a garcinia cleanse, but I have used the garcinia supplement and I would say that it is somewhat efficient. The mechanism of garcinia is not to actually help you burn your fat, but to disrupt the process your body uses to store new fat, so it's really important to keep that in mind. I think i saw slightly more loss than when i wasnt on it but not by much.
  • bedwell65
    Options
    Thanks!
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the Cleanse but the supplement itself is bunk. Best case scenario peer-reviewed research indicates there COULD be potential but so far it's been proven ineffective in human studies, rat studies are a different matter and unfortunately much of the "success stories" related to this study are based on rat studies, not human studies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    Save your money. The body CANNOT be cleanse by ingesting supplements. And getting ripped is about having low body fat. That has more to do with CICO. NO SUPPLEMENT works on weight for fat loss without a calorie deficit .................and calorie deficit is FREE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Your body can detoxify itself. It was doing it when you were in diapers and all your life. If it ceases the ability to cleanse itself, you will require a doctor, not a cleanse.

You cannot cleanse your body, even if you try.

Unless your doctor says so, you don't need Culturelle or any of those tablets.

Immediately dismiss any ideas from anyone who starts talking to you about cleansing. (Not out loud or rudely, lol, but they're goofballs, no matter how much pseudo-medical talk they use to try to dazzle you.)
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Options
    Anecdotally a performance nutritionist a few years back recommended a tablespoon of lemon juice in water once per day to help detoxify your liver. This doesn't require any crazy diet or supplements either. Does it work, I'm not for sure and I haven't bothered to research it to be honest.
  • Negative_X
    Negative_X Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Save your money. The body CANNOT be cleanse by ingesting supplements. And getting ripped is about having low body fat. That has more to do with CICO. NO SUPPLEMENT works on weight for fat loss without a calorie deficit .................and calorie deficit is FREE.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

This.

Save your money and keep it simple. Move more, eat less.
  • bedwell65
    Options
    Thanks for the information...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,052 Member
    Options
    Anecdotally a performance nutritionist a few years back recommended a tablespoon of lemon juice in water once per day to help detoxify your liver. This doesn't require any crazy diet or supplements either. Does it work, I'm not for sure and I haven't bothered to research it to be honest.

Your liver does not need detoxifying.

lemon juice in water is nice if you like that sort of thing and yes, is certainly cheap and easy - but no, does not have any special magic properties.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    No, it doesn't work.

I am sure.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just poop, it's cheaper!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Just poop, it's cheaper!

Bwahahaha!! Love this. ;)
  • Kalikel
    Options
    Just poop, it's cheaper!
    Now THAT is a way you can eliminate toxins from your body.

Drink water. That helps, too.

:D
  • 12_oz_Curls
    12_oz_Curls Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Just poop, it's cheaper!
    But I don't like to poop!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Just poop, it's cheaper!
    cackle
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Just poop, it's cheaper!

Everyone_Poops.jpg

ETA: I don't get the apple. Apples don't poop.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I cleansed with Irish Spring.

I feel pretty. Oh, so pretty.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Just poop, it's cheaper!

Everyone_Poops.jpg

ETA: I don't get the apple. Apples don't poop.

the worm poops
  • SURFRIDER413
    Options
    Legit or not ?
    $13.95 4 Pack of PURE Garcinia Cambogia Extract Natural Weight Loss 60% HCA Diet
    http://goo.gl/LqNcal