One Ingredient Ice Cream

Options
2»

Replies

• marlyu
    marlyu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bananas by themselves are in no way ice cream. That's like saying cauliflower is potatoes.

Do you, along with others, really think that I believe this is ice cream? No, of course not. But again, the texture and coldness of it all with toppings hits the spot just right.

I'd like to know for science why you can't have real ice cream?

I can, but this fits into my macros a whole lot better. And I like mixing in whatever topping /flavors I'm in the mood for at that moment. P.S. I never said I can't have real ice cream.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    I think if you would have just worded this a one ingredient dessert and not referenced this as a comparable replacement to ice cream it would have been received more positively but alot of us including myself have lost alot of weight and manage to fit the real thing into our daily caloric intake and I for one can definitely tell the difference between Breyers Chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream and some mushed up bananas even if they do have some chocolate chips and whatnot mixed in with them.. But if it is what you like then by all means, have at..... :smile: Best of Luck
  • marlyu
    marlyu Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think if you would have just worded this a one ingredient dessert and not referenced this as a comparable replacement to ice cream it would have been received more positively but alot of us including myself have lost alot of weight and manage to fit the real thing into our daily caloric intake and I for one can definitely tell the difference between Breyers Chocolate Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream and some mushed up bananas even if they do have some chocolate chips and whatnot mixed in with them.. But if it is what you like then by all means, have at..... :smile: Best of Luck

I get it, I do. But just so you know, it's nothing like mushed up bananas. I was just using the title from the link. If I could change it, I would.
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

I get it, I do. But just so you know, it's nothing like mushed up bananas. I was just using the title from the link. If I could change it, I would.

Like I said if it is something you like as an alternative to ice cream that is great but I know exactly what it is. I buy organic bananas on sale and freeze them cut up in zip lock bags and use them with peanut butter and ON Double Chocolate Protein for my post workout drink in our VitaMix, The bananas take the place of ice cubes, I get the added nutrients and potassium from them but one thing is still for certain it still doesn't replace the real thing,,, But there is nothing wrong with it, I just look at it differently... lol
  • GatorDeb1
    GatorDeb1 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I suppose it hits a nerve for calling it ice cream...cause it's not:flowerforyou:

It's like arctic zero claiming to be ice cream...nope, nope...it's clearly cardboard with flavors

I looooooove Artic Zero, every flavor. The only reason I don't eat it every day is because of its cost.