climbing back on the wagon

Options
I have made so much progress since i started this journey a little over 2 years ago. I am also close to goal. I was there once but in Feb i hurt my back and as i had to take it easy i also self medicated with all the foods that got me over 200 lbs the first time. I ended up regaining about 15 lbs since Feb. I am currently trying to get it back off and i find i am sabatoging all my hard work and efforts in the gym with garbage foods. I see the scale go down a pound and i am so happy and then BAM --16 oreos a few days later.

I am trying to climb back on the wagon again but im not feeling as strong as i once was the first time i got up there. I know i can do this and i want it so badly but , i cant understand why i keep doing this to myself with the food. Workouts are never an issue. But, the junk also makes it hard to have a good effective workout.

I dont want to keep failing....i want to find my motivation again and my will power to just say NO i dont need or want that in my body.

Any tips or motivational quotes ( they do help) you can offer would be appreciated.

Replies

• mjsasha
    mjsasha Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow I just got done blogging about how I am trying to climb back. Isn't it horrible how life can just send us sailing in the wrong direction. I gained all my weight back and now have to start over :sad:

I don't really have any advise at this time but I sure wish you the best in your journey.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Look at your before and after picture. This right there, should keep you motivated, because you did awesome!
  • floweredsteel
    floweredsteel Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Its hard. I was almost done with my journey then gained half of it back. Part of it was that i felt great and people were telling me how great i looked. I used that positivity to justify eating more normal~~which for me was more than i should have. I also gave in to emotional eating when life happened. It started slowly then before i knew it the weight was back.

Climing back on the wagon has been the hardest thing. Starting the first time was easier because i had a good support system and internal motivation. This time my brain keeps sounding the failure siren and i was ashamed to let my supporters see how far i backslid. All the workouts are as hard as the first time again, and im five times hungrier.

All i can say is that you have to push through it and find your rhythm again. Dont expect to be at where you left off. You wont fail until you give up completely. You can do it!