Help me I'm dumb

Options
Just started using this thing, and I apparently eat too much fat (I get a yellow sticker telling me that my goal is 87 grams or somesuch). If I still come in at or below my calorie goal, what effect does this have? Why isn't there a similar warning for not eating enough protein or carbs?

Replies

• SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    You're not dumb :smile:
    MFP yells at me all the time for silly things like that. I ignore it and stick to my calories. As long as I'm under my calories, I don't worry too much about the other stuff.

Other more experienced MFPers might (and probably do) have other opinions on this though.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I keep notifications turned off, so I do not see such things.

I mainly concentrate on keeping my calories in check; secondary concern of trying to stay within a good ratio of carbs, fat, protein.

It may warn you more with fat because it is higher in calories per gram? If you go over on your fat grams, you may find it harder to eat within your calorie limit. That is just my guess for why MFP would warn about it.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Open your diary.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    The automatic warnings and congrats on MFP are set up based on a single set of assumptions. If they don't fit what you are doing based on a good understanding of nutrition, ignore them.
  • weight2go
    weight2go Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    We are all here learning. Even the ones whom have been around for while learn something every now and then. If ya dont know, ask.
  • getitgirl6
    getitgirl6 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    i eat low carb and am always over on my fat, don't worry about it, I didn't and still am losing
  • ThePhoenixIsRising
    Options
    I'm always over on fat. I see fat as a min goal not a max one.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    First you are not dumb, this is a learning experience - I am still constantly learning new things everyday. MFP is always yelling at me... :laugh: I have learned to ignore it especially if it is something not relevant to my goals. I can't stand the "If everyday were like today.." crap though. No MFP, I will not be 10lbs heavier in 5 weeks, you were wrong 5 weeks ago and you will be wrong in 5 weeks :laugh: