Sauce to Replicate Smart Ones Creamy Rigatoni w/Broccoli & C

Options
I really like this frozen meal, and would like to make a home-made version of it. The problem I'm running into is how to duplicate the sauce. Does anyone out there who's tried this have any ideas on how to create it? (I'm not a chef and can't tell just by tasting what's in there!) Thanks!

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Which meal is it?
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i'm confused. why is the topic title "What does your body need after working out?" and then you asking about a frozen meal's sauce to duplicate?

your body needs protein after working out to aid in recovery of muscles used.

we need to know which frozen meal you're talking about
  • shadowofnature
    Options
    CREAMY PARMESAN CHEESE SAUCE

1 (8 oz.) pkg. Philadelphia brand cream cheese, cubed
    3/4 c. milk
    1/2 c. (2 oz.) Kraft 100% grated Parmesan cheese
    Dash of ground nutmeg and pepper

Microwave cream cheese, milk and Parmesan cheese in 1 quart measure. Microwave on medium (50%) 6 to 8 minutes or until sauce is smooth, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in seasonings. Toss with hot cooked pasta, 1 1/2 cups. Preparation time: 5 minutes, cooking time: 5 minutes

I'd throw a dash of Italian seasoning in there too just for more of a kick!
  • meadows654
    Options
    i'm confused. why is the topic title "What does your body need after working out?" and then you asking about a frozen meal's sauce to duplicate?

I think maybe you're seeing something different than what I am, because the topic I posted says: "Sauce to Replicate Smart Ones Creamy Rigatoni w/Broccoli & Chicken" Maybe you ran into a MFP glitch?
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I appear to be seeing the same glitch. Weird.
  • Laceyrae
    Laceyrae Posts: 10 Member
    Options

BECAUSE THE SITE HAD HAD A FEW PROBLEMS AND I HAD POSTED A WHOLE SPIEL ABOUT WHAT DO I NEED DO TO AFTER WORKOUTS, AND WHEN I CLICKED ON MY OWN TOPIC...THIS IS WHAT CAME UP?? WELL, i WILL JUST HAVE TO REPOST, NO WONDER NO ONE HAD ANSWERED ME. LOL
  • KateSD
    KateSD Posts: 5
    Options
    When I'm craving a creamy past sauce I make something like this that was inspired by the Hungry Girl website...I use:

2 or 3 Laughing Cow garlic/herb cheese wedges (sometimes I'll use the sun-dried tomato ones, yum!)
    1/2 C skim milk
    1 tbsp butter
    2 tsp flour
    Garlic powder and pepper to taste

I do it on the stove top, melt the cheese wedges and butter in the milk over medium heat, stirring constantly...add the flour, let the mixture boil then simmer while it thickens. A little goes a long way and it isn't bad on calories either. I'm sure you could use whatever flavors you wanted, or even add some more cheese (parmesan or whatever) to taste. When I make this I usually have 2 servings of pasta and add a ton of vegetables and make 3 or 4 servings, so this is more than needed for one serving.