Have you had Fitbit success?

Options
Hi everyone, I'm newly using Fitbit and mfp linked together. I feel like the calorie adjustment fitbit gives mfp is so high!

Today I walked/ran 17,000 steps and it added 1076 calories because of that!

Everyday has been like this for the past two weeks and I feel like there's no way I could lose weight eating so much!

Has anyone had success using the adjustments how they are? Or a similar story?

Thanks!

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Honestly when I had them linked I was doing TDEE so I just ate 1 amount every day and my exercise was built in.

I ended up disconnecting it. I didn't like it.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I only eat a portion of the adjustment. It even changes after I go to bed. So it may say I have 300 calories left.. Going by adjustments. Eat 300 calories of whatever. Go back look at diary next day. Adjustment is less and now your in the red.
  • happyapathy
    Options
    I don't eat back all of my FitBit calories. I walk usually 10,000-12,000 steps and get an extra 600-700 calories. I usually aim to eat the calories MFP tells me and use the FitBit calories to give me a little leeway-- I usually I'll eat back 300-400 of those calories.
  • mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Total crap. I have had two fitbit flex and both died within 3 months. The first one after 2 weeks, and the replacement one they sent me after 2 months. Although it kept me aware of my total steps, a pedometer can do that for 15 bucks. Not impressed by fitbit.
  • evsplava
    evsplava Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 pounds pre fitbit and roughly 10 post fitbit. I eat back some of the calories because I have a high activity level
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I use the fitbit for motivation, MFP to count calories. I found the same thing, it was giving me way to many calories a day. I unlinked my fitbit.
  • fit_at_fifty
    fit_at_fifty Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am in total agreement with mxmkenney. I have also had 2 (one a replacement sent) and both died, there is definitely a design fault on them. I enjoyed using it when I had it but if anyone asked me in advance of buying one I would say do not waste your money. I hope you have better luck with yours :)