Thank you Myfitnesspal

Options
The story is probably told a 1000 times by other people on these boards and honestly, its a good thing. Everyone needs some kind of inspiration and motivation to move past the point of eating unhealthy.

I started my venture at 270 lbs when a friend told me about this app. I was a bit skeptical because when your fat, you are skeptical about everything.

Finally, my daughter asked me for something I could not give. (At least in the shape that I was in). We have a Disney cruise in April of next year and she asked if I would go on the slides with her when we got on the ship. I told her that I did not feel confident enough to get on the slides with the shape that I was in but that by April of next year, I would get in shape enough to get on the slides with her.

This was the beginning of a change of life for me.

I always "pretended" that I wanted to get in shape, I would go to the gym 2 days a week with my supervisor and best friend, and do 20 minutes on the elliptical. I decided to down load the app and start to take the gym more seriously. I did not realize the commitment you must make to yourself to really get in shape and stay in shape. The app showed me what I knew but did not want to admit. The foods I was eating were so bad for me, that even if I did eat 2 meals a day, it was enough calories for 3 days in one meal. I started watching the intake of my food with this app. It let me appreciate the amount of calories that were in foods along with what was in the foods.

6 1/2 months later, I am now 197 lbs. I have lost 73 lbs and Stage one of my makeover is done. I wanted to lose the weight first, then work on gaining the muscle that I had after high school.
Stage 2 begins and the application is truly my pal. Thank you my fitnesspal for allowing me to appreciate what I do put in my bod and to allow me to change my life.

For all the people who feel they cannot do it, take note, what my favorite author said and I hold to be true "I now can say that my favorite author had it right "There is nothing a man/woman cannot achieve if he has the will, the strength and courage to attempt it."

Replies

• SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Hooray for you! Enjoy every minute with your daughter, and keep up the good work.
  • _Blues_
    _Blues_ Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome, your daughter must be proud to have you as a father. keep up the good work!
  • tuzaque
    tuzaque Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your story, it's inspiring .
  • frisco111
    frisco111 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Simply amazing
    Congrats on your transformation!
    What a great effort !
  • claveh
    Options
    A totally heart warming story. Thank you so much for telling us about your journey.

You will have an amazing time in April, ENJOY! xxx
  • 63Flossy
    Options
    Well done - relish in your success
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!
  • stu1102
    stu1102 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    wonderful piece of writing and so true, enjoy your cruise with your daughter
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Wooo! Amazing story! Congrats on your success.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!