How many of you take showers at the gym

Options

Replies

• JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    I only take a shower at the gym if I have been swimming. It gets easier the more you do it just like everything else that would make you nervous.
  • Wenchiness
    Wenchiness Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I swim and spend a good 5 minutes scrubbing the chlorine off after spraying myself down with vitamin C (it helps rid the chlorine smell). It is not weird or odd, at all. Stalls are separate. I generally take only 1-2 showers a week at home now, it really saves on the water bill making up for the gym membership. I do wear thick, non slippery thongs in the shower (Okabashi) to protect my tootsies from any unwanted fungi.
  • mlfrailing
    Options
    Always. I wouldn't want to hop in the car all sweaty and nasty.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    I've done it. It's easier that wag my husband is free to use our shower when we get home.
  • stuart160
    stuart160 Posts: 1,628 Member
    Options
    Sure, it's not that big a deal but I spent 27 years in the Military and am used to communal showers from BootCamp on through multiple deployments.
  • derrickyoung
    derrickyoung Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Every time. It only gets weird when your stuck shaving beside the guy doing Helicopters in front of the mirror
  • KrazyKenny1967
    Options
    Yes , I go before work and its too far to go back home. I go to anytime fitness , they have private showers. Only 1 mens and 1 womens. I'm glad it's not very busy in the mornings!
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Yes I shower at the gym. Mine is super clean, provides towels, soap, blow dryers too. Could not imagine driving home all sweaty after a hard workout!
  • runforestrun35
    runforestrun35 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Definitely if I go before work, or if I am going out in the evening after a workout, I definitely take advantage of the showers,changing areas and there is plenty of room to get ready! The gym I go to is very clean...☺
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,932 Member
    Options
    Every time. It only gets weird when your stuck shaving beside the guy doing Helicopters in front of the mirror

I guess I'll stop that. But blow drying my junk is fine, right? I'll be done with the blow dryer in a sec and you can have it, ok?
  • derbycitylady
    derbycitylady Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't like it but I have. There are private stalls for doing so.
  • Nige_Gsy
    Nige_Gsy Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't use the gym, but definitely shower after swim training. Gets rid of the chlorine smell by using a nice lemon and tea tree oil shower gel, and allows me to rinse the trunks out. Separate stalls but without doors, but who gives any thought to it? It's only a way of getting clean and ready for the outside world. Definitely wear poolside flip flops / sandals though.
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Definitely if I go before work, or if I am going out in the evening after a workout, I definitely take advantage of the showers,changing areas and there is plenty of room to get ready! The gym I go to is very clean...☺

everytime I go to the gym.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I run to/from work 3 or 4 times a week. I shower at the gym in my office building before heading up to my desk. It's fine. I'm glad I have a shower at work!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    The only time I've felt awkward in a gym shower was last week when I heard a mom asking her son if he was almost finished. From his voice, I could tell that he was well over the age limit (4) to be in the women's locker room. I mentioned it to my husband and he said that he had seen a boy around 9 or 10 going in with his mom.
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    On swimming days I always shower, I'm already all wet, so I might as well! Where I swim it is a big open shower, at first it was weird, but almost every swimmer showers there, so whatever. At my normal gym I don't shower, I live close to it and I much prefer my own shower, even though they are private there.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Never. I have a shower at home. I like it.
  • coffeeshopgeek
    coffeeshopgeek Posts: 16 Member
    Options

I guess I'll stop that. But blow drying my junk is fine, right? I'll be done with the blow dryer in a sec and you can have it, ok?

:laugh:
    I am SO GLAD I am not a guy!!! Women just get dressed as quickly as possible and do their hair/makeup. Very rarely, you get the body competition ladies that like to do their walk in heels and a thong but even that isn't quite so awkward.
  • stephie_elise
    Options
    I personally don't because I'm usually heading home straight afterwards and as I either take the bus (which only comes every half hour) or walk home (while racing the sunset), so I would be cutting time out of my workout. Plus, the curtains on the shower stalls are kind of see through and there aren't hooks or anywhere to put clothes to stop them getting wet, so it's a bit awkward.

I used to always shower after swimming at school though and would definitely do so if I went to a pool now.
  • NotShena
    NotShena Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I do. Saves time. Saves me money on my water bill. Saves me laundry since I use the gym's towels/wash cloths. Saves on the electricity bill since I use the blow dryer there. All around good stuff.